A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The New Adventures of the Sonic Worlds Timer [SOLVED]

Sockman

So I'm trying to create an event that occurs every ten seconds under certain conditions, when I notice that Worlds' timing is based on a timer separate from the one built into MMF2.

I'm looking at this timer now in the Event Editor and I have no idea how the hell I'm supposed to implement timed events.

There's something about 1000/60 and stuff, but I'm not sure what any of it means.

Any pointers?

I'd really like to learn this one instead of using the built in timer that would probably conflict with the already-implemented time system. Please and Thank You.

I'm not too sure if the Level timer does anything special or not rather than just count up. If that's the case, then it can be used sort of like the normal timer but with your own conditions rather than using 'every' events. An example of how to use it would be to divide the Level timer value by 30, mod by 2, and check when it equals 0. This would only equal 0 once every second, so it would be the same as using 'every one second' except without the desync. Also, the 30 comes from half of the frame rate ( guessing that it's 60 ). The value is modded by two so it can equal 0 repeatedly, and since the value becomes 1 before becoming 0 again, it'll add up to twice the value you divide by before repeating.

The only reason Worlds uses a separate timer in the first place is because the built-in timers lose sync if the game doesn't keep a perfect frame rate.

Hope this helps.