A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Another Massive Art Dump

Ashura

Like the other batch, I already looked at some at the VGC forum, but since I can comment here, let's get on to it:

Spy vs Spy is definitely my favorite. It looks great, the background is neat as well.

And Raspberyl, I think? (not sure) is cute.

I'm trying to improve, so it would be nice if one can criticize my artwork. =)

Asked a friend of mine what he thinks about this, so I'll just translate what he said (he's a pretty good critic, just sometimes brutal).

(Pictures from top to bottom)

-Photoshop illustration, rather than a drawing. Good coloring, but the lines are 'meh'.

-The 2nd one is quality brush work, or at least I hope so. If it's just dodge and burn, than it's also just 'meh'. But I'd say it's brush.

-The third one has better lines, but it still looks like it could be... better.

The next one has nice coloring, but is awful anatomy-wise. The legs are awkward, and the character isn't 'standing' on the ground. To be precise, the angle of the legs doesn't fit in with the perspective and the ground.

Same thing with the next one.

And the next one.

In short, whoever did this has a dA account. And learned most of the stuff from dA tutorials, and is using them semi-successful.

His words.