A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Clouds keep skipping

I'm currently trying to animate clouds using the parallax system that's already in Sonic Worlds; the one where setting Alterable Value G to a number will cause it automatically scroll in the scenery. The only problem is that it keeps skipping. This problem was easily remedied when I stretched out the trees in the background, but I think I need to find a new approach to working with this parallax system. Is there any way to get the parallax layer of clouds to scroll smoothly and endlessly without skipping, and by using the parallax system already in place? Or, will I have to do something that doesn't involve the parallax system?

Well, that solves my tree issue. But, there's one thing still amiss: when the clouds are moving to the right, there's nothing there, but after a few seconds, a cloud suddenly appears. It doesn't skip as I move, however, so that's been solved. The main problem is that empty space that's never readily filled by another cloud. What can be done to fix that?

[EDIT] Hey, I just noticed something. As I move to the right, the clouds start vanishing. There's got to be some event responsible for that. How do I make it so that when the clouds reach the left side of the window, they don't vanish?

[EDIT] Okay, this one doesn't really need solving after all. I went back and looked at the clouds in Sonic CD and they all moved to the left, whereas mine were moving to the right, and that's what caused the clouds to vanish. It's still open for solving, but it's just not as important right now. In fact, it may need solving in the future for when I do have something moving to the right in the background.