A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Help] Broken Parallax speeds

Aikocho

Has anyone else ever tinkered with the parallax system in worlds? I'm having a problem with changing it's scrolling alt values. I can't make it move as slow or fast as I want. I change the horizontal scrolling to a number other than 0.8, and it just scrolls in real time. (scrolling as fast as Sonic moves.) What should I do to configure it better?

Try setting the number to something like 0.75 or something.

[EDIT] Wait... I misread your question. So if the number is 0.8, it scrolls differently, but any number larger or smaller than that automatically changes the speed to 1? Maybe (if you haven't tried this already) you should make an Always command for the parallax pieces and see if that helps anything.

Try setting the number to something like 0.75 or something.

[EDIT] Wait... I misread your question. So if the number is 0.8, it scrolls differently, but any number larger or smaller than that automatically changes the speed to 1? Maybe (if you haven't tried this already) you should make an Always command for the parallax pieces and see if that helps anything.

Would you believe me if I said the 0.75 thing worked?....