A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Almighty Voice Actor Topic

Clouder

VA poll  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite voice actor for Sonic?

• Jaleel White
    • Martin Burke
    • Guy from SegaSonic the Hedgehog
    • Keiko Utoku? (Sonic CD)
    • Ryan Drummond
    • Jason Griffth
    • Roger Craig Smith
    • I don't like any of them. I want a new voice.
  2. 2. Who is your favorite VA for Tails?

• SatAM voice
    • AoSTH voice
    • Corey Bringas
    • Connor Bringas
    • William Corkery
    • Amy Palant
    • Kate Higgins
    • New voice
  3. 3. Favorite Knuckles VA?

• Ian C.
    • Sonic Adventure VA
    • Scott Drier
    • Dan Green
    • Travis Willingham
    • New voice
  4. 4. Favorite Amy VA?

• Lynn Harris (Sonic CD)
    • Jennifer Douillard (I'm horrible with last names)
    • Lisa Ortiz
    • Cindy Robinson
  5. 5. Favorite Shadow VA?

• David Humphrey
    • Jason Griffith
    • Kirk Thornton
    • New voice
  6. 6. Favorite Eggman VA?

• Jim Cummings
    • Long John Baldry (Pingas)
    • Gary Chalk
    • Deem Bristow (Get a load of this!)
    • Mike Pollock (Time for a change of pace!)
    • New voice

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I really like Roger Craig Smith's voice acting. It has a lot of tone and excitement to it, at least in my mind. While Drummond does indeed portray Sonic well, I feel Smith does a fantastic job of capturing the Sonic spirit, while also making Sonic sound a little more mature (something I would expect to happen to him after 22 years).

Oh, and also because Smith said this in his Sonic voice.

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, my stance is that most, if not all, the voice actors fit the interpretation of the character they voiced a game for. Ryan Drummond's cocky voice fit perfectly with the light-hearted tone of Heroes, Jason Griffith's ability to figuratively go from a dead halt to full speed (that is, his voice range. Dude has a very wide range of emotions and pitch!) fits with Unleashed, and Roger Craig Smith fits with the snarky humor in Colors... Though I'm not too sure about Lost World. If I had to pick a favorite, though...

Jason Griffith.

He's amazing. He can voice from Shadow to Sonic to Jet to Oesopp literally within seconds. Assuming he gets the hang of the character, what he can do with emotion (as long as there's proper storywriting, which Black Knight had quite a bit of) is amazing. The over-the-top cheery depiction of Sonic in Shadow (which honestly isn't my favorite depiction of him), the laid-back depiction in Unleashed, the EVERYTHING in Black Knight...

alsoikindasoundlikehimbutnotthepoint

I like Jason Griffith because he was the fist Sonic voice I heard. I like Roger because he voiced my first 2 Sonic games I owned. I like Ryan, becaus- I'M GONNA MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS!

WE'LL FIGHT THAT CREEP WITH THE REAL POWER OF TEAMWORK!

OH NO! YOU'RE GONNA CRASH! AH.

COME BACK HERE YOU FAKE HEDGEHOG!

EDIT:

Also...

Smith said this in his Sonic voice.

Oh my gosh, I'm dying of laughter.

Edited by DaHog

• 2 months later...

Some of those were hard. But here's what I gotta say though

Sonic-

Ryan and Roger. Roger's voice is so out there and I think he is a  VERY good voice actor, probably the best ((Sadly the writers don't know how to use him) But Ryan's performance in sonic adventure 1/2 I think is amazing. Its one of those things where even if Ryan is the better voice, Roger is the better actor.

My least favorite? Jaleel, I can't stand his voice as sonic. Its ANNOYING, mainly because I think he TRIES to be annoying.

Tails-

Kate with no competition. I know her for voicing Sakura from naruto, but I find her voice amazing for tails. The others kinda annoyed me, from adventure literally being a kid (Which isn't a bad thing since he is a kid, but doesn't change the fact that it annoys me)

Knuckles-

Scott- His performance in SA1/2 was amazing. And I think his voice fits knuckles perfectly. 

Amy-

I'll have to go with Jennifer. Honestly, I don't hear much of a difference between all the games (Other then after colors) but I think I prefer her over the others... Now I cannot STAND her newest voice actor. I don't know WHAT they were thinking.

Shadow-

Although Jason wasn't bad with Shadow, I think that David is the best. I always wondered why he left but I will always see him as the best Shadow voice actor. The new guy for generations and free riders try too hard.

Eggman-

Deem will have the better voice, but Mike will always be the better actor. There's a reason WHY Mike stayed while all the other actors left, its because Mike is an amazing eggman and I don't see him being replaced.