A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

My Sonic Animation

Rawr

Final Product

Ugh, yeah, copy paste from youtube:

I'm actually disappointed that I never got to get it done 100%. I'm still happy with the parts that are you know...actually animated. I'm just bummed that I never got a chance to do the explosion scene (where Sonic hits into the generator thing behind those Egg Robos), or do the special effects.

To clarify the opening of the movie, when Sonic is looking off into the distance there should be smoke in the background as if there was just an explosion. Obviously that never got done =(. When the Egg Robo uses his gun, and Sonic is running, there is supposed to be gunshots going on...sadly I ran out of time to animate those as well. Then there is no background in that last part where a bolt from what should be the aftermath of yet another explosion (from the Egg Robo Sonic bursts through). Ran out of time for that too =/.

Lots of things just kind of got in the way of the project. I was stupid to make part of my project -need- voice clips, had I just avoided that I think I could have gotten further. I also should have just made maybe a montage of Sonic in various Sonic 3 levels, just like Sonic CD's ending had him go through different levels. So I made a few choices that I regret when making this.

Just to avoid further confusion too, when Sonic is looking over the canyon right after he skids to a halt, the dialogue would have gone something like this, so enjoy the corniness of these approximations:

Eggman: Hahaha once I find the Chaos Emeralds I'll have ultimate power!

Sonic: Hmm...

Then he crashes down into the generator

Eggman: Huh!?

Sonic: Still making your stuff as cheap as ever I see, Dr. Eggman!

Eggman: ARGH!

Eggman: Get him!

Then at the very end when he was flying away...probably I hate That Hedgehog or something dumb like that.

So note to self - next time I'm asked to do a 30 second project, I'll keep it under 30 seconds haha. I wasn't the only one in our class who aimed a little too high and are now paying the price. Oh well, I have at least 30 seconds of animation and so I've got my required amount that I was asked for, and then some!

Anyway, enjoy the actual animated bits (that are not rushed, you can definitely tell which ones are rushed/unfinished) and enjoy the various game tracks I've put in. I tried to keep it all Sonic CD related in the music since everyone thought my project was very CD-ish, but I couldn't find anything for that first bit so I used some from Unleashed.

Sound effects from SFGHQ

Music from Sonic Retro.

===

Enjoy anyway. But yeah, I'm rather disappointed I never got it 100% done to my liking =/. A couple scenes also took a lot of time to figure out how to do properly (like that damn Egg Robo shooting x_x) so it was my mistake. Had I had an extra month it'd be 100% complete I'm sure =(

Thanks a lot guys =). I appreciate it! I'm still rather bummed that it never got 100% where I wanted it to be though, but whatever, I learned my lesson.

Maybe next year I'll make some sort of 3D animation or something. Maybe, I've got plans for original stuff next year. But hey, at least I'll be able to work on it from home (unlike with this) so I can always work on stuff in my spare time.

• 2 months later...