A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Massive Art Dump

Ashura

Holy cow, I absolutely love your sketches. They are really ace, I really love the posing you've got on them too, they are very very dynamic on some of them. Your art is simply awesome. Just a question, are you in a college or something for art?

Holy cow, I absolutely love your sketches. They are really ace, I really love the posing you've got on them too, they are very very dynamic on some of them. Your art is simply awesome. Just a question, are you in a college or something for art?

Thank you ^^

I'm not majoring in art... my major is computer science. Do you think that I could become a good professional cartoonist? o.0

Yeah....Cartoon Network is VERY hard to get in to. I took a tour of CT and a guy in there said it took him five years and like 30+ interviews before it got it. One got said it took him 10 years.

Anyway, nice artwork. I'm so jealous. T_T

Thank you ^^

I'm not majoring in art... my major is computer science. Do you think that I could become a good professional cartoonist? o.0

Anyone can be a professional cartoonist (EDIT: back up. I need to save face. Any good artist can be a professional cartoonist), it's just a matter of finding work or people to work for.

Or you can be a total badass and freelance it. As a fellow college student, I'll go ahead and assume you have a developed taste for ramen, so that's another option ;)

That said, I like the expressiveness of your drawings. If you ever further your studies, I'd implore you to start developing original characters. Your fan stuff is fantastic, but I've seen senior portfolios stunted by an unwillingness to explore.

Make more creature dudes; those are some of my favorites, and I think they suit your style better.

Thank you ^^

Yeah! Right now I'm actually in college taking traditional first year animation, and I'm not even as good as you rofl. You definitely have amazing drawing skills. I'd also do what Phoenix Gamma suggested too you and create original characters =)

Anyone can be a professional cartoonist (EDIT: back up. I need to save face. Any good artist can be a professional cartoonist), it's just a matter of finding work or people to work for.

Or you can be a total badass and freelance it. As a fellow college student, I'll go ahead and assume you have a developed taste for ramen, so that's another option ;)

That said, I like the expressiveness of your drawings. If you ever further your studies, I'd implore you to start developing original characters. Your fan stuff is fantastic, but I've seen senior portfolios stunted by an unwillingness to explore.

Make more creature dudes; those are some of my favorites, and I think they suit your style better.

ooh, I'll draw more pictures of my original characters if you want me to =)

Yeah, 95% of the artwork that I've produced is fan stuff.. I need to start creating more original stuff...

Thanks for the compliments everybody =D