A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[DVD] My DVD is fucked up...

ZFG

So yeah, I have this DVD plate of 4.7 GB wich I'm trying to get Windows 7 on. but the thing is; It says it's allmost full.

rgzcc5.jpg

this is what I get when I'm trying to burn it. It's on Norwegian but you guess what it says. When I open the DVD and look at the files, there's nothing there. Any advice about how I can fix this?

Ok,so I tried alchohol 120%. It still shows that it has only half of the space that is possible. I'm trying to burn it now, giving ya the result later.
Here's a Tip: NEVER use a DVD-R if you're trying to burn an .iso and it fails--DVD-RW/+RW's are better. That's how I did it, and it works. Also, you need software that won't fail you. ImgBurn and iso Recorder are examples of quality iso-burning software for Windows.

Haha, and I never use DVD-RW/+RWs. I can't tell you the last time I got a bad ISO burn. Honestly, -/+Rs are cheaper anyway and they do write and read faster, I do believe.
EDIT: Still, it really doesn't matter if you've never had bad burns or not, but just in the case it does happen, I'd recommend an RW.

Haha, and I never use DVD-RW/+RWs. I can't tell you the last time I got a bad ISO burn. Honestly, -/+Rs are cheaper anyway and they do write and read faster, I do believe.

I think I've never burned a DVD-RW/+RW, and I've maybe had a bad burn twice. Seriously, one RW costs the same as four DVD-R/+R.