A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Need a Engine!!!!!!

Donutyoshi

He is saying that he wants to make a Sonic Next-gen hack :)

Really, he says that he wants to have an engine with light dash, homing attack and other post-genesis stuff.

Sorry but there is no such engine in a free use. You should make all nextgenish stuff by yourself or wait till someone will release his next gen based engine

I hate to say this but I'm too lazy to code for a strange reason, what engine I may want is like Sonic FGX or Sonic Firestorm. If you can't find a engine for that or you can send me a open source game. I promise I give credit to whoever sends a open source game.

The link I posted IS Sonic Firestorm. It actually teaches you how it works, rather than giving you an already built engine that you won't know how to use. Trust me, I've been in your position. In November 2006, I was desperately searching for a Sonic engine, and eventually I got one, and began working on a fangame named, "Sonic Revival". A few months later I found that I knew how to do absolutely nothing but level design, so I quit. Then in October 2007 I started to take one of Damizean's movement engines and create an engine of my own, and I learned a lot by doing that. Sure the engine wasn't that great, but then when I made future engines was much easier.

And besides, you obviously haven't done any searching at all. *coughsonicrevivalenginecough*

homing attack in a 2D game doesn't make any sense, IMO

But yet they pulled it off in Advance 2 and 3 and the Rush series. So then it does, however, the button mapped would have to be different than the jump button.

erm....I have one engine here but...I don't know where....wait......

Here it is:

http://www.sonicfangameshq.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4258&highlight=sonicultimateengine

Too old, but is all I have xD

STi doesn't seem to list if their projects are Mac compatible. Does anybody know? If not, I guess I'll find out for myself.

EDIT: It's not Mac compatible. There is only an .exe along with other folders. Are there any other Mac compatible fan games in development other than Sonic Nexus?

The whole reason they put the homing attack in Sonic Adventure was to make up for the fact that it was too hard to just jump on enemies heads and maintain speed like in the Genesis games.

The Advance series was awful. So was Rush.