A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Seeking: Level layout designer for Mecha Madness

K, so I've realized I can make kickass BG's and engine shit but I can't set a level up for my life. Would anybody be willing to like... Make some levels? I'll provide all of the tiles and whatnot. I'll code the gimmicks as well. I just need some nice flowing levels with both fighting and speed parts. Let me know if interested. Many thanks.

Streak is far from asking too much. If any solo-project out there deserves a second member right now, it's Mecha Madness.

And he didn't say he wanted a "really good" level designer, he said he wanted a level designer period. The only requirement you can infer from his post is that he wants one better than himself. And making levels is something I know a lot of people want to do.

I don't know if I'd be up to snuff, since really I don't have anything really that I can show to you right now that might prove whether or not I can design a level (to be honest, I'm not sure myself since I really haven't done a lot of that ^^). I really should be working on my own project, but I've hit a stop in mine since I don't have Knuckles running in it yet, so I can put some time here into helping you if you wish.

I also don't have a major amount of time right now due to college, but I can definitely try if you want some of my assistance. I'll probably have to get some more details and whatnot. I think the biggest thing for me is what sort of direction you are taking the game in, in terms of how it feels. I know you said you wanted it to flow =), but if I could get a better idea I'm sure I'd be able to design more with some specific things you'd at least like to have players experience in a level. If you really have no preference, then I'm still game for it.

So umm, I guess hit me up with a PM if you are interested then =)?

Fuck. Why didn't I see this thread earlier?

I'm loving the engine, Streak, and I'd be more than happy to give level design a try.

You can have a look at some of my Sonic Blitz level work to see if it's what you'd like.

This is an older thread, so I'll PM you a copy of this message too.

well while you were waiting you could've had other people help you. it's not like im the only level layout person here

I offered up help. Unfortunately I have very little time right now, I'm making trips to the doctors quite a bit here.

Hopefully today will be my last visit. Hopefully.