A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Invisible bridges??

Appo

Hi,

i just recently came accross this engine while getting back into the groove of game making, anyways for some reason i can't see the bridges in the game, sonic still stands on them and evrything, there just invisible, coulld someone please help me out here, thanks

I know what you have to do for this:

Go to where the bridges are. Next paste the small logs over the invisible bridge. Now, select all the little logs and the bridge you pasted them on (hold Shift and click on each little log and the semitransparent bridge), right click, select Align Objects Vert Center, and test out the frame. You should see two bridges overlapping each other. Now, take out the logs and test the frame. The bridges should all be working.

That's how I did it. See if it works for you.

OK, now I know what you're missing. If you still have the little log circles overlapping the bridge, right-click one of the little logs, go to Properties, and you should see an option in the Properties box that says Visible at Start. Click the checkbox next to it (and now there should be a checkmark next to it), then test the frame (F7 opens the game, Z makes Sonic jump, and the arrow keys make him move.) Now, go to where you pasted the logs over the bridge and you should see the two overlapping bridges. After you find them, go to the little log circles, delete them and test the frame again. The bridges should all be working.

Here's a tip: try pasting the log circles on the bridge under the area with the three springs, to the right of the flame launcher. It's the easiest bridge to reach when testing the frame.

righthere.png

No problem. I'm glad that I was actually able to help someone with this engine (I could use the rep, LOL). When I first tried this out, I was surprised when it worked, too, so I'm really happy that I was able to put my experiment to good use. :D

Of course, the bridges might also work by just making the circles visible and not having to paste anything, but I haven't tried that yet.

EDIT: Yeah, that's actually all you have to do; make the log circles Visible at Start, and you're set.

• Like 2

The only reason you need to enable visibility btw is because in build 248, that option is now handled even on objects that are created after the frame has started. In older builds this wasn't the case, which is why this problem was never mentioned before and exists in the engine.