A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I has returned (lotsa images)

Ashura

Thank you all for the nice comments, and uhh... epon for posting something. :]

I never understood why people like streak or duckboy (who needs to post more often at MFGG) hate anime-esque art. I think that it's a pretty flexible style; some styles range from a very nice, cute looking style, to a more serious and realistic style. I am in the anime club in my college, and some of my friends (who all love anime) draw anime. They also like the american style too, but not as much as anime. However, some people here seem to REALLY hate anime for some reason .__. There really isn't a truth to which style (american or cartoons) is better, so why try to view one as superior to another? I'm just saying that I love both styles to death and seeing people who loathe anime just confuses me. :x

Thank you all for the nice comments, and uhh... epon for posting something. :]

I never understood why people like streak or duckboy (who needs to post more often at MFGG) hate anime-esque art. I think that it's a pretty flexible style; some styles range from a very nice, cute looking style, to a more serious and realistic style. I am in the anime club in my college, and some of my friends (who all love anime) draw anime. They also like the american style too, but not as much as anime. However, some people here seem to REALLY hate anime for some reason .__. There really isn't a truth to which style (american or cartoons) is better, so why try to view one as superior to another? I'm just saying that I love both styles to death and seeing people who loathe anime just confuses me. :x

There's a difference between hating anime-esque art and hating the overused anime-esque art. Note that I didn't say I hated the rest of your drawings (the two pokemon ones being plenty anime themselves). I just hate the style of that particular one i pointed out because it's the same kind of generic anime you get from putting "anime" into google.

http://www.filetransit.com/images/screen/888f3bbd70171a08828a34ff0484532b_Free_Japanese_Anime_Screensaver.jpg This

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/shinta125/MinitokyoAnimeWallpapersYoakeMaeYor.Na_254916.jpg and this

http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/animesoc/2006/05/02/anime_pic.jpg and this

I don't exactly hide the fact that I hate anime, but the very little anime I do like tends to be something that breaks from that regular generic style. DBZ as terrible a show as it is, I think is still a breath of fresh air from the kind of art that I linked above.

I'm just saying the other drawings you posted here show that you are above that kind of generic anime look artistically, and I like your other work a lot more.

It's not a matter of me hating anime, it's just creepy art of pre-pubescent girls. Sorry.

::shrugs::

You obviously don't want to know about moetan, then. =x

Duckboy: Ah, I see. However, the same could be applied to cartoons. Very few cartoon art that I see look original, style-wize. Most of them are based from some existing style. My own style (without any anime influences) resembles a mix of don bluth's and ragemario's. Your own style is somewhat influenced by looney tunes' style. Mike Carozza (tvskyle)'s style is a hybrid of ren and stimpy and tex avery's style. So this problem with anime breaking out of the original style can somewhat still be applied to cartoons. Look at it this way: how could you draw cartoons, if you haven't seen a cartoon in the first place? Existing cartoonists base their style from some existing style. Still, you have your own right to hate anime, but don't assume that cartoons can't have a generic style like anime. =o

I might be wrong, but I dunno. XD

Oh jesus people, nobody cares what type of art you dont like. Comment on what you do and go on about your business.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, blah blah yeah sure whatever. It isnt that hard to draw a face and limbs different than the way you already are, and its not like hes going to draw in a different style just to please you on this forum.

Bitching about anime is almost as fucking retarded as bitching about Sonic Unleashed and stretchy arms.