A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Looking for worthwhile 360 games.

DimensionWarped

Genres I'm interested in: Platform, RPG, Strategy, Action (no FPS, I prefer to do that on PC thank you), Simulation (like business simulation, not like vehicle simulation)

Stuff I have or have ordered:

Lost Odyssey

Saint's Row

Enchanted Arms

Armored Core IV

I'm looking for cheap stuff. Like 25 dollars or less... so nothing like Grand Theft Auto IV unless you know where I can get it for dirt reliably.

Any suggestions or offers?

Seconded on Dead Rising. AI might drive you spare but it's good, harmless budget fun (And the Capcom school of Dialogue, Plot and Voice Acting never ceases)

Along the same line (Harmless, Budget fun) could be Crackdown :D

Platform wise you could try the two Tomb Raiders of late (Legend/Anniversary), for someone that'd never played any Tomb Raiders on the grounds they killed you violently without reason, I enjoyed the heck out of both of 'em.

Strategy wise you could try digging out Battle for Middle Earth. Dunno how well it ran on 360 but it played well on PC and was a fairly capable RTS.

Kameo's kind of hit or miss, some people love it, some people hate it. It's a decent enough platformer with some semi-amusing combat mechanics, some nifty puzzles and some cool but oft-frustrating boss battles. Looks pretty though, even for a launch title.

Could also try digging into Chromehounds if Mech Building is your thing. Never got into it myself but I'm fairly certain at one point everyone on Xbox Live was playing it.

Avoid Ninety-Nine Nights :P

Thirding dead rising, it's a fucking MUST HAVE. If you're playing with a some buddies I'm definitately going to throw out gears of war, good time to play right before the sequel drops

I think you should be able to score a copy of eternal sonata pretty relatively cheap now, it's a very good RPG made by tri ace, the same guys that gave us star ocean, story is kinda meh, but the battle system is definitely unique and damn fun.

Blue dragon is your standard typical RPG fare, looks gorgeous (if you don't happen to hate akira toriyomas artwork just yet) and I'm pretty sure the game has been price dropped to either 20 or 30.

Earth defense force, hillariously fun game, multiplayer. The game screams budget title, and it's probably why it came out for $40 on release, it's damn awesome though, fighting millions of aliens with all kinds of ridiculo weapons.

Expensive 360 Stuff:

-SOUL CALIBUR 4

-Tales of Vesperia

-Maybe Too Human if you want to take a gamble. I hear it suckss though.

360 Stuff: (Note some of these games might still be expensive)

-Gears of War

-Dead Rising

-ASSASSINS CREED MOTHA FUYKA

-Devil May Cry 4

-Mass Effect

-Beautiful Catamari

-There was also that RTS game by the creators of Total Annihilation, however I don't really know why you would desire to play an RTS on a console. >.>

XBOX Stuff (If you missed 1st gen Xbox):

-Panzer Dragoon: Orta

-Jade Empire

-Fable

-JSRF

It's like a dime a dozen here if you go to your local gamestop so feel free to experiment ;P.

XBLA Stuff:

-Castle Crashers

-Bionic Commando: Rearmed

-Galaga Legions

-Penny Arcade PRECIPICE OF DARKNESS PT 1

I just got Jade Empire Special Edition for PC actually (off a friend), but it plays like shit. It's a solid 15 frames per second regardless of whether I'm playing in 800x600 with no frills or 1680x1050 with 8xAA, bloom, and everything else turned on. I might have to get the original XBox version.

No XBLA for now. I don't have a wireless adapter, don't plan to get one since they are freakin' ridiculously expensive, and don't have it anywhere near the router.

As for Supreme Commander (aka that PC game by the creators of Total Annihalation), I have the PC version. Plays quite well.

Fifthed on Dead Rising! You can probably score a new Platinum edition copy for $30, that's how much I found it for. It's too bad you want cheaper games, because I've been playing Tales of Vesperia a lot recently.

Mass Effect and Eternal Sonata are pretty good as well. Like SG said, ES has a meh story but the battle system's pretty fun. Blue Dragon didn't really tickle my fancy, but without Xbox LIVE you can't just readily check for yourself...Being able to download demos is nice.

I don't have a gaming-end PC, so I play shooters on the 360. A lot of options there, though, haha.

Fifthed on Dead Rising! You can probably score a new Platinum edition copy for $30, that's how much I found it for. It's too bad you want cheaper games, because I've been playing Tales of Vesperia a lot recently.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000F3AADE/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1221779842&sr=8-1

Yeah, I'd say Dead Rising I can get pretty cheap alright. Can't believe I had forgotten about it either.

@noone in particular:

Eternal Sonata is still just a tad pricey... at the steeper end of what I'm willing to go for. Especially after shipping.

Condemned is damn cheap. I'll have to see what it's about though. I have no idea.

Pretty much all the games that are of mention really have been mentioned.

But whenever you get some Xbox Live stuff set up, tell me and perhaps if you want we can play some Armored Core 4? It has been a while since I've touched that game, but it is a lot of fun. I want to get Armored Core: For Answer, but I just don't have the cash at the moment.

-ASSASSINS CREED MOTHA FUYKA

sadjoker.jpg

NO.

Condemned is damn cheap. I'll have to see what it's about though. I have no idea.

Horror First Person Hobo Killing Sim . It's good, but very short so be warned.

I played Mass Effect and found it does have some sparse cool moments, but is overall boring, unpolished as fuck and ridden with unnecessary dialogue to cover the unexciting main quest that can be easily finished in less than 5 hours. Then again I've never liked Bioware games, no matter how much I try.

Get some original Xbox games. PDOrta and Breakdown are probably better than anything else you can play on the 360. The BC site lists them at compatible but doesn't say how good is the emulation.

You should try to hook it up to the router at least long enough to download some demos, really.

These aren't all cheap but these are some of the non FPS games that I can think of:

Tales of Vesperia,

Gears of War 1

GTA 4,

Ninja Gaiden 2,

Devil May Cry 4,

Assassin's Creed,

Soul Calibur 4,

Star Wars the force unleashed (rent)

Virtua Fighter 5,

Castle Crashers,

Army of Two,

Dark Sector,

Lost Planet,

DeadRising,

Splinter Cell Double Agent

Eternal Sonata,

Mercenaries 2,

Dead or Alive 4,

Too Human,

Condemned 1,2,

Enchanted Arms,

Turok,

Infinite Undiscovery,

Kameo,

Ninety Nine Nights,

Viking,

Viva Pinata 1, 2,

Overlord,

Strangle Hold

Only casually. I had Armored Core 3 and that was pretty much it... and no, I didn't get all the funky secret stuff which seems impossible to get.

AC4 got poor reviews but I had a blast with it.

Assassins Creed is good, don't listen to SephDB he is defectively biased agains't it.