A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Window Resizing Problem in Game Maker

I'm trying to get my window to resize at the beginning of a room, to fit two views for a 2 player match. I have entered this code in the "room start" event of my main controller object.

view_wview[0]=320;
view_hview[0]=160;
view_wport[0]=320;
view_hport[0]=160;
view_hborder[0]=152;
view_vborder[0]=52;

view_visible[1]=1;
view_wview[1]=320;
view_hview[1]=160;
view_yport[1]=160;
view_wport[1]=320;
view_hport[1]=160;
view_hborder[1]=152;
view_vborder[1]=52;

window_set_size(320,320);
window_set_region_size(320,320,true);

In theory, this should resize my window to perfectly fit my two views that I have set up. But instead, I get this...

dfndgn64g654g6tb.jpg

I've been tinkering with this for the past two nights, but still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, or I'm missing.

I'm sure the answer to this is incredibly simple, and I'll feel dumb once I find out what it is.

I've encountered this problem many times before, but I thought I had found a solution. Depending on the screen size it starts off with, the drawing screen is set to some ratio and it's hard as hell, if not imposible, to shake it off. It might be where you're putting the code (since you might be interfering with some built-in room initialization code), but I think the solution is in an obscure window_**** functiom somewhere in the manual.

Anyway, I'll look into it further, and at the very least, I'll try and give you a d3d_transform_**** work-around.