A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM] Parallax Background Help

Mr.S

OK then i hey set up all of my background and it works fine when Sonic is moving left or right. But this is the problem:

I don't the Y of my backgrounds to tiled i only want my X to be tiled or i don't get the parallax background. Is there any way to keep my background always in my view without making it tiled. (Sorry if its hard to understand).

This is the code i am using for my background:

background_x[2]=view_xview[0]/2.0
background_x[1]=view_xview[0]/3.0

Basically how do i get my parallax background to always stay in Sonic's view and still keep its scrolling effect.

There's an attribute for background which makes them tiled vertically or not. You can change it in the room properties (there's a checkbox next to where it says "Tile Vert."). Alternately, you could do it in code, by saying "background_vtiled[whatever] = 0;"

The problem is there's no corresponding draw_background_*** function for this, so if you run out of backgrounds or get tired of the jumpiness then you're gonna have to code your own (or use someone else's script; I can find some if you need).