A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

lawl @ Uwe Boll

he's a really bad director. Recently he's been doing movies based on games (Bloodrayne was a recent one) and critics hate him, as does anyone who pays to see his movie. Aty first, he was acting all proud to get "the razzies", the Oscars, but for bad stuff. He said getting them was "an honor" and now suddenly he wants to beat someone up.

lmao, the guy is nuts! While I understand that he gets pissed off at the trolls, this isn't gonna solve anything.

It is true that most people that keep bashing his movies didn't watch them, because they were so pissed off when "House of The Dead" was released that they didn't want him to direct any more video game movies. If you take a look at the IMDB's top 100 worst films of all time, "House of The Dead", "Alone in the Dark" and "BloodRayne" are all there, because the haters keep voting 1 for them. Now, those movies may be bad, but are far from being the worst of all time.

If you want my opinion about the haters, thinking that a movie will ruin a video game forever is the most retarded thing one could ever think. These die hard fans need to chill the hell out, and stop whishing death to the guy.

IF I were him, I would simply stop directing video game movies and stick to dramas (he has directed a nice drama IMO).

I want to SLAP anyone who thinks they can pull off a game with characters with obvious unique features with real humans. Even if the game has a realistic look to it, what are the odds of finding a person who looks exactly like a guy you created?)

Videogames and Movies dont need to cross paths. Movies from Videogames usually suck, and Videogames from Movies usually suck.(Matrix is a MILD exception. Bullet time is just so cool, you cant get mad at them.)

Imagine Final Fantasy casted with actual characters. Then I would REALLY hate square. (Although after playing FFX-2 from the beginning i actully dont dislike square nearly as much as before.)

Almost every movie about a videogame thats casted with real people will suck hard. Very hard. You just cant pull off the feel.

Almost every movie about a videogame thats casted with real people will suck hard. Very hard. You just cant pull off the feel.

I kinda liked Mortal Kombat though, I can't even count how many times I've seen that movie. The cast was very good.

I can't say the same about the DOA movie. By the looks of it, you just know it's going to suck.

Wow. If that was made up by someone, then everyone else would probably say, "But that'll never happen, you fool."

And now it'll happen.

Next week: Jack Thompson faces off against the head of Rockstar in a game of Phoenix Wright.