A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Legend of Zelda: The Lens Of Truth

ZFG

Well it about time I post what I have been working on here, so lets go:

Here's a quote from ZFGC:

There was once a race of mysterious people. Not much was known about them or their ways, for they were secretive and reclusive. They were known as the Sheikah. The Sheikah knew that some things were not as they appeared to be, so they created mystical lenses that could see through illusion and show what was hidden. These lenses were known as the Lens of Truth. They were handed down from generation to generation within the Sheikah. With it was the way the Lens worked. The lens were constructed of 8 magical Force Gems, and when placed together correctly, the illusions are canceled out and the truth is all that is seen.

Many generations after the creation of the Lens of Truth, an evil man came from the desert to meet with the King of Hyrule. However, he had his minions seek out the Lens. With it, he could see through the magical barriers that protected the king's life; he was going to kill the king and take over the land. He was going to rule it with an iron fist, and destroy all who opposed him. As his minions were about to procure the Lens, hidden Sheikah guards leapt from the shadows to protect their sacred relic. In the scuffle, one minion managed to sneak off with the Lens, and was about to escape. The head Sheikah knew why the Lens were being stolen, and knew that they must not get to the head of the minions. So she did the one thing that would prevent this; she shattered the Lens into it's 8 pieces, the 8 mystical Force Gems, and sent them to the corners of the land. The evil man knew this and sent his minions to recover the shards. However, in one corner of the land, a boy slept. He had a dream which told him about the Lens and how he must gather the pieces before the forces of darkness did. In the morning, he left on a journey to gather the shards and reassemble the Lens of Truth!

Screens:

Old:

k00u93.png2rdumf7.png

New:

2rw2ueq.png

Credits:

Mitxela: base engine

MetaKirby: New story

<ZFG>

Walking demo up:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DLJ5KHIW

XD

LOT centers around The Sheikah tribe and their history. The story is on ZFGC wich down fo some reason so I'l post it when it returns. anyway here's some screenshots:

v6izpf.png

Now, I don't have anymore to show right due to ZFGC is closed so wait until it opens, I'l have more then.

<ZFG>

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's probably nitpicking, but when walking into a Top Left / Top Right slope in the overworld area, Link does that fun "Sped-up-collision-sliding-bug" and slides twice as fast as he should be able to go along the wall.

Hope that makes sense...

Looks the part though, and can't really complain about the rest of the movement yet - Seems accurate enough for a Zelda game. :)