A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Slopes and Loops

Hi, I am new here and I am working on my first gamemaker Sonic game. Unfortunately I cannot seem to get slopes and loops to work correctly.

When I make it halfway up the slope, Sonic seems to get caught up in the slope and gets stuck. Any help will be credited. :ssmile:

Here is the link to the game:

http://rapidshare.com/files/126602859/Sonic_Project.gmk.html

Also, I am using Gamemaker 7.0 Lite.

He's already using one of the tutorials, Frenzy :P

LightSpeed, you're doing it wrong. You're mixing different engines and code philosophies. You're using built-in Game Maker movement variables and the D&D coding, while in the 360º engines, custom variables are used for having complete control over the movement.

Seeing how you have set it up, no easy solution can be given there. But let me suggest something... read the Game Maker help and learn GML before trying to go any further. There are a couple of tutorials over at the GMC that could serve as a good start point. If you don't have any trigonometry knowledge, I suggest you have a lecture on this too.

Afterwards, figure out how the engine works, and adapt your coding style to the engine, or make your own with the knowledge acquired.

He's already using one of the tutorials, Frenzy :P

LightSpeed, you're doing it wrong. You're mixing different engines and code philosophies. You're using built-in Game Maker movement variables and the D&D coding, while in the 360º engines, custom variables are used for having complete control over the movement.

Seeing how you have set it up, no easy solution can be given there. But let me suggest something... read the Game Maker help and learn GML before trying to go any further. There are a couple of tutorials over at the GMC that could serve as a good start point. If you don't have any trigonometry knowledge, I suggest you have a lecture on this too.

Afterwards, figure out how the engine works, and adapt your coding style to the engine, or make your own with the knowledge acquired.

Well would you know of a way to work a 360 movement with the D and D coding? Paths maybe?