A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

A questioneer (Spelling) for my Fangame.

GCFreak

1) Game Maker 5 + MP3 Music = Errors. Can anyone please tell me how to get it working? (I have to revert to WAV for big loading and compiling times, and a rediculously large file size.)

2) Can anyone tell me how to get Title cards working?

3) Can anyone tell me how to get Save Game working?

4) Can anyone tell me how to get the End Level Sign working and the Cards aswell?

More will come when I think of it. The Tutorial I'm building off of is Luke Software's Sonic Multi-Pak tutorial.

Current Progress (Game Name: Sonic the Hedgehog: Lost):

image21vw.png

image45od.th.png

image60jw.png

image89pc.th.png

Progress will be made to the levels once I know how to edit them without getting errors.

Can't you get a higher version? I think it would be much better. ( If it's not, don't kill me. =( I don't use GM so I'm not too sure )

I can't say much about the screenies since there are no level pics, but that sky background for the title screen is used quite frequently. Try making a different sky background with Photoshop or just get a sky from a background set. ( Sky Chase )

• Like 1

"1) Game Maker 5 + MP3 Music = Errors. Can anyone please tell me how to get it working? (I have to revert to WAV for big loading and compiling times, and a rediculously large file size.)"

http://forums.gamemaker.nl/index.php?showtopic=119499

Works for Game Maker 5 perfectly fine, just import the .gml file in "Scripts->Inport Scripts." It's extremely easy to use, just look at the scripts' names and arguments.

• Like 1

Okay, here's what I got. ( I like the background, it fits the mood of the game )

Example1.png

See the circled part? You get there by clicking the backgrounds tab. If you change the Hor. Speed, you change how fast it moves horizontally. Use negative numbers for the other direction. If you change the Vert. Speed, you change how fast it moves vertically. Again, use negative numbers for the other direction.

That's all there is to it. I'll PM you the source with the moving background.

Integrating two movement engines is an extremely complex task. Even if you completely understood both of them, it'd be better to start with one and add build upon it that to try and mix and match features. The two engines you want to combine are practically polar opposites, so I doubt you'd have too much luck without effort.

But if you really wish to do so, what I'd do is start by importing Dami's objects and scripts into Luke Soft's engine and once you get that to work, one by one mimick the collision events in Luke's sonic object to Dami's Sonic object.