A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The Genesis Sonic Engine! (GM6.1 Registered)

Okay, so back in October, I posted the so called, "Sonic Revival Engine", right? I think it had a bunch of features, and now I've made a Genesis engine that includes Tails and Knuckles.

Tails was pretty easy to do, but getting Knuckles was a pain. Anyways, I successfully completed all 3 Characters, and I started to build off of the Sonic Revival Engine.

Anyways, here it is:

NEW:Genesis Engine

OLD:Revival Engine

*The Genesis engine has Genesis graphics and objects, while the Revival engine has Advance graphics and objects

*Revival engine does not include Tails & Knuckles

Wow the gameplay is pretty dead on perfect compared to S3/S&K. Very nice job.. Some things I've noticed are that the movement is a bit slippery. It's like running on ice and also I remember being able to have a certain amount of control while in air, but your way is actually more realistic. Nice work.

The gameplay is good, but the deceleration needs just a little tweaking. The only thing I see is with the item boxes. It's a little glitchy, like being able to only break it if your already touching it before you jump. I still have this same exact issue today, but it is minor and can be fixed, and it doesn't distract the gameplay.

• 1 month later...

I just saw this yesterday, so sorry for the little bump.

I was realy needing the gameplay of Tails and Knuckles on the main Revival Engine (I'm using that on my game =P). But, when I join the engine to my game several bugs apeared, including Knuckles not being able to climb =O

Any hope that we may see Knuckles+Tails gameplay, on The Sonic Revival Engine, and Sonic Revive?

I just saw this yesterday, so sorry for the little bump.

I was realy needing the gameplay of Tails and Knuckles on the main Revival Engine (I'm using that on my game =P). But, when I join the engine to my game several bugs apeared, including Knuckles not being able to climb =O

Any hope that we may see Knuckles+Tails gameplay, on The Sonic Revival Engine, and Sonic Revive?

Just change the sprites on the Genesis engine. And maybe some speed variables, and thats all you need to do.

That didn't work before I ask you =/

Sprites and speed variables are the least... I would have to change them anyway. The real problem is some bugs that hapened when I join Knuckles's Object. Climb just don't work... and Gliding gets a litle whird...

Oh, and this is realy a problem with the Genesis Engine, Tails fall speed when he is flying, is to hard. I guess that you can fix it by reducing the gravity, when action = action_fly

OFF: can you help me with that bug? I can show you the .gm6 (but with developers confidentiality)