A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Custom SA2 styled 3D Sonic Model

Mark the Echidna

building on what dw said, the shoes look like a strange combination of sonic's SA2 shoes and his classic shoes. Also, there is a vertex at the end of the (toes) that's too high up. select the vertex on both shoes and just move it down, so that the shoe's bottom it level.

edit: and that thumb looks like it's been broken! but all in all, a great model Mark. Better'n I could do.

Might want to work with smoothing groups a bit... It looks REALLY rough around the eyes, of course a quick chamfer could smooth those out. If I recall correctly in the SA and beyond models they focused alot more polies in the eye area anyways.

Isn't it funny how quickly time flies when you do this though? You think "OMG thats gonna take a long time" then 6 hours later you're like "lol I should do some touchups"

I think the problem with the shoes is that they're shaped like the SOAPs but lack a grinding cavity.

You can also save some polys in the outer handcuffs area since there seems to be a few vertexes there on the same level, making them useless. Collapse.

I'd also suggest adding a couple polygons (literally, around 4 triangles should suffice) in the crotch area to separate the legs.

Good work, in any case. What's the triangle count, btw?