A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Corrupt: Assault (Demo Available)

Dragon

It would be wrong to say I'm 'new' to these boards, but most of the time I'm lurking around, keeping an eye on the great fangames being developed here. I am a MMF2 user, and most of my experience revolves around Metroid Fangaming. So I figured I'd post my latest Fangame Project- "Corrupt: Assault." This Metroid themed shooter puts you in control of a Galactic Federation Trooper sent to a space colony (Biologic space Labs) to investigate the spread of a mysterious parasite known as the "X". The game includes these following features:

*Scan Mode- allows you to collect data on objects such as weapons and enemies.

*Several Different weapons available at your disposal.

*Suit Upgrades which allow you to navigate to previously uninhabitable areas.

-Story / Gameplay-

More to be revealed soon. In the meantime, here are some screens of the introduction sequence.

CA1.png

Title Screen.

CA6.png

Flying toward the BSL Research Station.

CA7.png

Landing.

CA8.png

Docking Bay (beta)

Many things are planned to change, but this is how the game currently looks.

---

-Gameplay-

Corrupt: Assault takes place in the Metroid Universe, so the game will be based around exploration. In addition to this, the game will lean heavily toward battle scenes and fire fights, so expect lots of shooting and action packed areas to explore.

although there are not any demos out of Corrupt: Assault, there are engine tests available as the "Project: Dread" series. Project: Dread is a survival mini-game built upon the Corrupt Engine. I've always thought physics demos to be incredibly boring, so I added in AI, detailed maps, and lots of spawning enemies, to give you a feel of how the full game might play out. The latest demo out is "Project Dread 3", and though it shows off the game engine, it's out-dated, and just about every bug or error has since been corrected. Also, I've put up a high scores table for Dread 3 if anyone is interested in sharing their scores with everyone.

*Screens-

dread1er8.png

dread2xl9.png

dread3zt6.png

*Downloads-

Project Dread 3 Demo

-=Project Dread 3 high Scores Table=-

-----------------------------------

I will try to keep you guys updated with new updates for the game, bug fixes, trailers / videos, and release finished game music tracks. Though I've stated just about every error we've discovered has been fixed, please post any comments you have regarding the project!

I'm a lil interested in your story... and where it fits in...

I remember in Fusion, they explain that Samus is assigned to BSL and is back on SR388, seen also with some Federation Troops, to capture various creatures... when she is attacked by the X parasite...

Then theres a period of time where she's at Galactic HQ being treated with the Vaccine...

and then she heads back to BSL's research station where they had sent her X-Infected suit parts to investigate a Mysterious Explosion in the Quarantine Bay - Where I only remember ever seeing dead scientists...

Where exactly does your story fit in?

The game takes place on the BSL Research Station, but on a separate portion of it known as "The Core". You are conducting a simultaneous investigative mission along with Samus, but her progress is purposely being limited and controlled as much as possible. In the game, you will revisit familiar areas such as PYR and SRX, but many new areas will be available as well.

I like the dark environment that in which it takes place...the visuals are excellent..really puts you into this alien world..I thought there might have been a few too many enemies and that kinda of took away from being able to explore and take everything in..The controls took me a while to get the hang of..maybe it could be simpler..I would have preferred the "w" key over shift for jumping...but after playing a few more rounds, I kind of got the hang of it. This looks like it's on its way to becoming a really good game..