A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Make the devil cry...a 4th time.

shadowgoten

Oh yea, totally forgot to mention that, it will come to PC eventually :D.

DW, I'm with you, I couldn't play 3 for the life of me, it was very demanding and it just overall hated me. I never gave it much time, though so that's expected.

I found DMC 3 to be retardedly unfair (cerebrus took me i dont even know HOW long to defeat) but seriously, the game actually gets easier as you continue to play through it.

By the time you defeat Agni & Rudra you most likely wont face a boss that difficult for a while, and by the time you do you'll get so much better aquainted with the game that the harder moments will feel like challenges rather than just getting ass-raped.

Just saying, 3 was far better than 1 and makes 2 look like even WORSE shit.

Btw, i got the special edition, but once i found out that the Normal mode = easy mode from the orginal, by the second level i had already input the cheat to unlock all the game modes and just played through on Hard mode (which was normal mode on the orginal.)

Ive beaten Very Hard mode (Hard mode orginal) and ive attempted Dante must Die, but its mother fucking impossible. Its not even the fucking bosses, its the STAGE itself. The enemies are sharp and relentless, they do mad damage, and if you dont kill the spawn in a certian amount of time, they all Devil Trigger, Heal, and rape the shit out of your ass. Normal attacks by that point do like half damage, and the only way to do normal damage is to Devil Trigger yourself, but fat lot thats going to do since your still going to get killed.

For instance, on DMD mode the Stone archer thingies uses 100% Red arrows, and if you get point blanked by one your almost certantly going to lose 90 to 100% of your health. DMD mode doesnt fucking play.

However, the addition of Vergil was awesome, even though his storymode is basically Dante's. I love the way he plays, and you are able to execute some REALLY awesome combos (although they require far more pratice than Dante), and if you Taunt with Vergil when his Yamato is equipped, it autocharges your Devil Trigger guage for you. (which is so awesome.) So basically you can execute any move/combo that Vergil can do vs. you in the final battle (except for that X100 Judgement cut rape move.)

Edit: i beat the Leviatian stage without Nevan's flying ability. Just dont run into the acid pools >.>;

Besides, Heaven or Hell gets FAR harder on the later stages, when you fight those fucking losers who range you and block frontal attacks. And Dante must Die mode is almost impossible unless you've mastered using either Royalguard or maybe trickster. And if you really just lack the confidence of attempting to perfectguard moves that WILL kill you, learn to spam the shit outta Gunslinger.

Edit again: DMC3 has cutscenes beaten ONLY by those done by Kojima. The fighting sequences and the Vergil vs. Dante sequences are fucking AWESOME. (I suggest you earn them, but if you want an idea then look at the cutscene following the stage after

you fight Vergil the second time.

)

And seriously, you shouldn't touch 4 before you finsh 3. After playing 3 and seeing that 4 pulled a "Raiden" on Dante, words cant express how angry i was.

Dante is awesome. When i play Devil may Cry i dont want to fucking play with anybody else. Not Nero, and not that Lucia bitch either.

100thousandth edit :

Only click if you've beaten Agni and Rudra.

This guy is fucking awesome. Agni&Rudra DMD mode, Not a lick of damage taken, and he rapes them in like a miniute 30. Anyone who's gotten past stage 4 in DMD mode knows Royalguard is the best style in the game.

I found DMC 3 to be retardedly unfair (cerebrus took me i dont even know HOW long to defeat) but seriously, the game actually gets easier as you continue to play through it.

By the time you defeat Agni & Rudra you most likely wont face a boss that difficult for a while, and by the time you do you'll get so much better aquainted with the game that the harder moments will feel like challenges rather than just getting ass-raped.

Just saying, 3 was far better than 1 and makes 2 look like even WORSE shit.

Btw, i got the special edition, but once i found out that the Normal mode = easy mode from the orginal, by the second level i had already input the cheat to unlock all the game modes and just played through on Hard mode (which was normal mode on the orginal.)

Ive beaten Very Hard mode (Hard mode orginal) and ive attempted Dante must Die, but its mother fucking impossible. Its not even the fucking bosses, its the STAGE itself. The enemies are sharp and relentless, they do mad damage, and if you dont kill the spawn in a certian amount of time, they all Devil Trigger, Heal, and rape the shit out of your ass. Normal attacks by that point do like half damage, and the only way to do normal damage is to Devil Trigger yourself, but fat lot thats going to do since your still going to get killed.

For instance, on DMD mode the Stone archer thingies uses 100% Red arrows, and if you get point blanked by one your almost certantly going to lose 90 to 100% of your health. DMD mode doesnt fucking play.

However, the addition of Vergil was awesome, even though his storymode is basically Dante's. I love the way he plays, and you are able to execute some REALLY awesome combos (although they require far more pratice than Dante), and if you Taunt with Vergil when his Yamato is equipped, it autocharges your Devil Trigger guage for you. (which is so awesome.) So basically you can execute any move/combo that Vergil can do vs. you in the final battle (except for that X100 Judgement cut rape move.)

Edit: i beat the Leviatian stage without Nevan's flying ability. Just dont run into the acid pools >.>;

Besides, Heaven or Hell gets FAR harder on the later stages, when you fight those fucking losers who range you and block frontal attacks. And Dante must Die mode is almost impossible unless you've mastered using either Royalguard or maybe trickster. And if you really just lack the confidence of attempting to perfectguard moves that WILL kill you, learn to spam the shit outta Gunslinger.

Edit again: DMC3 has cutscenes beaten ONLY by those done by Kojima. The fighting sequences and the Vergil vs. Dante sequences are fucking AWESOME. (I suggest you earn them, but if you want an idea then look at the cutscene following the stage after

you fight Vergil the second time.

)

And seriously, you shouldn't touch 4 before you finsh 3. After playing 3 and seeing that 4 pulled a "Raiden" on Dante, words cant express how angry i was.

Dante is awesome. When i play Devil may Cry i dont want to fucking play with anybody else. Not Nero, and not that Lucia bitch either.

100thousandth edit :

Only click if you've beaten Agni and Rudra.

This guy is fucking awesome. Agni&Rudra DMD mode, Not a lick of damage taken, and he rapes them in like a miniute 30. Anyone who's gotten past stage 4 in DMD mode knows Royalguard is the best style in the game.

Sereph, as much as I'd like to be angry about the whole nero thing, you only play him for the first half of the game, and the story gets set up real well for Dante's acts. Nero's NOT a whiney little bitch, and wise cracks just as much Dante does. Plus whenever Dante shows up, he pretty much makes Nero look like a fucking novice at life.

Problem is, it's rather dark so they're hard to make out AND there's the sections where you're running towards the camera and won't see the pools until you're practically stepping on them. Restarting the whole level because of a simple mistake at the end is annoying.

I just airtime and fly past :P

Oh, ive seen a few videos of Nero and i know how awesome he is and how they fight. I just would rather they did something to Dante, but i guess they cant improve on him that much seeing how DMC4 and 3 happened BEFORE 1.

I just wish DMC2 didnt exist. It was the only one that progressed, but it sucked.

actually the timeline goes 3,1,4, and then 2, but it seems like capcom doesnt even acknowledge it much anymore lol.

I just completed the game, holy fuck Dante is like a god in this game, after getting him and all of his weapons (WHICH ALL KICK ASS BTW)

I was just destroying everything in my path.

Pandora HAS to be like the coolest weapon I've ever used in a video game, who could ask more for a transforming suitcase with 666 different transformations???? (there's only like 6 in the game)

The Lucifer was also pretty badass.

I need more DMC >.>

Sereph, as much as I'd like to be angry about the whole nero thing, you only play him for the first half of the game, and the story gets set up real well for Dante's acts. Nero's NOT a whiney little bitch, and wise cracks just as much Dante does. Plus whenever Dante shows up, he pretty much makes Nero look like a fucking novice at life.

Not to mention, Nero is a badass in his own respect... That demon arm thing, and the rest of his arsenal is so fun in-game.