A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Yum yum, JukeFly!

Epon

I've been setting up my home server for the past few weeks, slowly getting all the little programs I want on it installed so I can have my media anywhere I go in the world. For those of you familiar with Anywhere.fm and Ezmo.com, there are a few Flash-clones of iTunes out there that allow you to upload your gigabytes of MP3s at no cost so you can stream them over any internet connection.

While this originally sounded fantastic to me, I didn't feel like uploading the 40+ GB of music I have in my database (most of it obtained thru means that would make the RIAA cry). So the next obvious choice was to have some form of media server that could stream from my home PC. ORB is the most famous, now included with some installations of Winamp and also doubles as a fantastic media extender for just about every console out there (360, PS3, and now the Wii via on-the-go Flash encoding).

But I found the interface clunky and lame and the server also liked to gobble tons of my resources. So LifeHacker did a small post on a new project called JukeFly. Talk about perfect. Anyone who's mingled with iTunes will feel comfortable immediately and setup takes less than five minutes. I now can stream my music over the internet anywhere in the world without any hiccups. Oh, and it also integrates some Social Networking bullshit, but who needs that?

Try it out!