A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Switching 3D to 2D Glitch(GM7.0)

Ironrind

I'm having a visual problem with the "d3d_end()" command..My game mostly runs in 2D but my special stage room runs in 3D..Basicly when my player object touches the special stage object trigger at the end of act 1, the room transitions to a different room that runs in 3D. That transition is fine. When my 3D room is over, I use the d3d_end() command and then transtion to the next 2D room(act 2) which is glitchy and the view only covers half of the screen. Do I have to reset the views or something?

I want to release a game in a few days so any ideas are appreciated..

I'm not sure if this'll give you any clues, but sometimes when I play GM games, full-screen only shows me half of the screen (the lower half is black). I've found that by switching the base resolution (IE : It's base is 640 by 480, and I switch it to 800 by 600), it fixes itself up.

• Like 1

It worked! The resolution went back to normal..rep+. The only problem is now that when my player is facing left, he's invisable. The player sprite is drawn with the draw_sprite_ext command.. But other than that everything else seems to be working fine..any ideas on how to fix this?

It worked! The resolution went back to normal..rep+. The only problem is now that when my player is facing left, he's invisable. The player sprite is drawn with the draw_sprite_ext command.. But other than that everything else seems to be working fine..any ideas on how to fix this?

Try:

d3d_set_culling(0);

• Like 1