A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Misc] Sonic Engine in C++

I was just wondering where I could find a 2D C++ Sonic Engine. I know C++, but when I tried to make one, I got stuck because I didn't really know where to start out. I also tried searching for some, but the best one I could find was the ProSonic Engine and it hasn't even been released yet.

So, does anyone have or know where I could find a Sonic Engine in C++ or are there even any out there at the time. Thanks.

Try learning the ins and outs of the GML versions. Then you'll realize all you need is object organization and pixel-based collision to get one working in C++. Of course it might be mighty hard to get the latter down.

That said, I don't think there are any open-source C++ Sonic engines.

I was just wondering where I could find a 2D C++ Sonic Engine. I know C++, but when I tried to make one, I got stuck because I didn't really know where to start out. I also tried searching for some, but the best one I could find was the ProSonic Engine and it hasn't even been released yet.

So, does anyone have or know where I could find a Sonic Engine in C++ or are there even any out there at the time. Thanks.

Me too, I wanted to have one in C++ to remake my project. But I need to learn C++ to make that from scratch...

Try learning the ins and outs of the GML versions. Then you'll realize all you need is object organization and pixel-based collision to get one working in C++. Of course it might be mighty hard to get the latter down.

That said, I don't think there are any open-source C++ Sonic engines.

Before that, you need to learn to make 2d graphics and sound system (there' s already engines ready for that), perfect 2d scrolling (that I can't make via actionscript yet), GUI, etc. I'm trying now to port the basic 360 engine to actionscript, but I need to know much more about programming before that.