A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

A new and safe engine for my project to be redone

Godmaster

Yeah, I'm here again...

Not for ask about Game Maker issues, but I have to tell that I'm definetively bored from GM. First, I wanted to make BrazSonic 2 as a big and good fangame, that could run in whatever pc, but I failed two times... in other hand, at the second try I got a really god engine, but even with few elements, the run performance was ruined.

I had tested with some people these days. I got only few good results and to the rest it ran slow or didn't work anyway (before the first level). So I almost became depressed and emo, and I though "Why I'm insisting in only one tool, that's not flexible for old pcs" (from people who got BrazSonic 1 to run).

There's lot of people looking forward on my project, even this being a freeware. If I cancel that I could drop out a large amount of work...

After that I was decided to go on a new beginning, even after almost 3 years alone defining what this fangame really could be. So, I got tired of headbanging alone with a 'not-so-good' language and I just started to look for someone to help me, specially with programming and design.

Before starting again the project I need to know which these languages is good enough to make a professional-like game (I don't know how I create polls, sorry):

-Multimedia Fusion 2

-Blitz Basic

-Blitz 3d

-C++

-Java

-Pascal (yeah, kinda crappy, but can run at whatever machine)

-Torque

-ASM (for genesis rom hacking)

-Someone that I can program/hack for GBA/ DS

Oh, I got two sonic-like games that were made in Blitz Basic:

Sonic Blitz

Mental loop

You will kill yourself writing a game from scratch in Assembly. C++ would probably be the most flexible and fastest language, with Java coming in second for running on almost any platform. If you really want to make a game for GBA, I can send you a link to something that'll help you there.

I notice you have Blitz3D and Torque on there though; are you planning on making BrazSonic 3D, or will it still be 2D?

I notice you have Blitz3D and Torque on there though; are you planning on making BrazSonic 3D, or will it still be 2D?

It will still be in 2d, but with some 3d addictions like parallax and a 3d maze for extras room. I'd like to know a faster way to do that and I know that I have to study new an lighter ways to do that, while I can't find someone to work together.

And, MMF2 consumes a big memory like Game Maker. Most of MMF games here I can run even in my crappy 650 Mhz pc, that proudly has 320 of RAM. I want make it run in whatever machine, like MMF.

I thought MMF2 was coming out with some sort of hardware acceleration extension, it may help with the lag issues? Honestly, I don't even think people whould own these really bad computers. I'm all for making a game everyone can play, but seriously, people should ATLEAST have 1 mb RAm and a 1.8 ghz processor.

I thought MMF2 was coming out with some sort of hardware acceleration extension, it may help with the lag issues? Honestly, I don't even think people whould own these really bad computers. I'm all for making a game everyone can play, but seriously, people should ATLEAST have 1 mb RAm and a 1.8 ghz processor.

But with most of my testers, the minimum that I found (whitout my old machine) was 1Ghz with 256 RAM, that made my project run pretty slow nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...