A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[Help] Homing attack?

Ayling

What would be the best way to implement a homing attack (or lightdash for that matter) to worlds?

All I can think of is determine which enemy/container is closest and set FloatX and FloatYto the position of the object. If none are close enough, just set YSpeed to 0 and Xspeed to (number).

I also can't figure out how to use teh jump button again. I tried and as soon as sonic jumped in the air he wouled perform the action. Whow'd I do this?

I'm using the engine gsoft put up. Thanks!

I'll see if I can do something.

The problem that you have is that Sonic does the move as soon as he leaves the ground, right?

In the condition that executes the homing attack, you could put a 'timer is greater than...' as a subcondition, set the timer to 0 when the player jumps.

This way the homing attack action will only execute when Fire1 is pressed again after 1 second, for example.

( The engine I put up is the same as the latest Worlds version, the one from the gimmick contest. The only difference is that I removed the music crashing & game over problems, so it doesn't matter which one you use :P )