A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Project: Got Ring? Comes to an End :(

Epon

So, the time has come for me to trade in the 'ol 6-banger. For those of you who don't know, I converted my Mustang into a mobile pimp-ass media center.

But alas, the craving for more ponies and less 87-octane has driven me to trade it in for an 03 GT. So I'll be gutting the girl tomorrow of all its electrical bliss, putting the old tires back on, and nabbing a black 5-speed.

I'll obviously put the computer into the new Mustang, but don't know when I'll gather up the time and energy to do it all again. Wish me luck, pics will be here tomorrow of the new whip.

• 2 weeks later...

Update-Me-Do

So these were taken at the end of last semester, when I knew I was gonna possibly sell the car. I even snuck in a little homage to SSNTails :P

100_9582%20(Large).JPG

100_9584%20(Large).JPG

100_9590%20(Large).JPG

100_9591%20(Large).JPG

100_9593%20(Large).JPG

100_9594%20(Large).JPG

100_9595%20(Large).JPG

100_9596%20(Large).JPG

100_9597%20(Large).JPG

100_9599%20(Large).JPG

Of course, everything is gutted now and the old wheels are back on. Hopefully everything should go well tomorrow with the trade-in.

I'll keep posting shit as I go along; the next iteration should be even sicker...

nice, I'm diggin the touch screen monitor. You going to go for the 06 or 07 stangs? I love the classic front they're doing now.

Once I start getting enough money to start throwing it around I think I'll be attempting to do something similar to the accord. Which is still running in perfect condition btw, no problems yet *knock on wood*

AJ: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/streetdeck/83058-streetdesk-windows-ce.html

Good thread at the forum I always hit up on that exact question. Apparently, it would be. Here's another topic on SSD:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/general-hardware-discussion/83012-solid-state-drives-boot-times.html

Honestly, I would think looking into an XP Embedded solution would be a wiser (cheaper and easier!) choice...