A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Super Bubsy World

juhis

When I read the topic I thought I would see a Bubsy fan game, man I love that game!

But it's not, it's Bubsy in mario world, and in my opinion it doesn't fits. Plus, there are many things that need to be fixed:

- The screen resolution is too big, try 320x240 instead to match the resolution of the sprites.

- Don't use MMF custom counters, they are utter ugly, try Bubsy or Mario counters and huds.

- The enemies move so fast that it's almost impossible to kill them without dying, when you touch the ground after killing one of them, the other enemy hits me without giving me the chance to jump again.

- When I die I'm led to the beggining of the stae, wothout any dying animation or anithing. It's even worst when I loose all my lifes because it suddenly leds me to the main screen.

Maybe you've just begun fangaming, try watching better the mario/bubsy games and compare it with yours: does your game looks like the official ones? if yes than you have a good game, otherwise keep training to show us something valueable.

Try playing mario fangames too so you can see that MMF can mimic that games too.

See ya...

I can see that this is your first time making a fangame, so I expected this. Don't get discourage though, I was no different when I first started fangaming, however this game needs work, alot of it.

Besides what Paradoxx pointed out, the only advice I can give is, never use MMF's built-in engines such as the platform movement. It's buggy, very limited, and the end results are always bad.

Create a Static engine instead, or do what Paradoxx said, and search for some Super Mario engines.

When I read the topic I thought I would see a Bubsy fan game, man I love that game!

But it's not, it's Bubsy in mario world, and in my opinion it doesn't fits. Plus, there are many things that need to be fixed:

- The screen resolution is too big, try 320x240 instead to match the resolution of the sprites.

- Don't use MMF custom counters, they are utter ugly, try Bubsy or Mario counters and huds.

- The enemies move so fast that it's almost impossible to kill them without dying, when you touch the ground after killing one of them, the other enemy hits me without giving me the chance to jump again.

- When I die I'm led to the beggining of the stae, wothout any dying animation or anithing. It's even worst when I loose all my lifes because it suddenly leds me to the main screen.

Maybe you've just begun fangaming, try watching better the mario/bubsy games and compare it with yours: does your game looks like the official ones? if yes than you have a good game, otherwise keep training to show us something valueable.

Try playing mario fangames too so you can see that MMF can mimic that games too.

See ya...

Well, your requests were added to next version, but I´m currently working sequel right now.