A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Riders 2: Zero Gravity

Blyde

Guest Shadix
ST has neglected the idea of improving upon an engine if they already made one that works.

I dont mind the Riders engine, but it could use more depth.

Or at LEAST more stages.

Then why didn't they use the FZero engine when they had the chance?

Edit: Yep, reused assets everywhere even in the new screenshots it seems. This makes Sonic Rivals asset snatching look forgivable :E

Strangely enough I'm reminded of those old-world Sonic 2 hacks. New layouts and NEW COLORZ.

"This game looks like its gonna be more complex than the first (lol steep learning curve)"

I never really found the first one all too hard. Like.. after a race or two I was good to go. Is that not significantly better than Sonic and the Secret Rings where everyone is like "play it midway through before you pass judgement?" It was hard to grasp onto because there were tons of things going on at once (riding slipstreams or whatever they were called, getting rings, doing tricks, boosting, maintaining air, etc) but once you got past the initial overload it was pretty cool. At least.. that's how it went when I brought the game to my old school's gaming club.