A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Not Enough Rings (a 16-bit Sonic comic)

s1z1a2.jpg

s2z6a2.jpg

s3z4a2.jpg

skz2boss.jpg

Not Enough Rings is an online Sonic comic produced by comic and manga fan and artist Veronica Vera. The goal of the entire comic is to cover every single act and special stage from Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles. That's right: all the way from Green Hill, then when they hit The Doomsday, that's it.

The comic has so far completed Sonic 1, 2 and 3; now nearly halfway through Sonic & Knuckles, the latest strip being the Flying Battery Zone boss, as seen above.

A new strip is released every Saturday. Be sure to check it out and discuss! http://www.notenoughrings.com/

Yeah, disclaimer: I'm not responsible for this comic; I just think it's deserving of a topic.

• Like 1

Yeah the comic is pretty much gonna be over once Sonic and Knuckles is done. Shame really, I would mind a Sonic 4 comic or maybe one of the Advance series. But all the more reason to enjoy it while it's still going.

I'm definetly gonna buy the book once it's released, no doubt about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never really checked these out before, but these were pretty funny. I still don't think it was best for the creator to start a Kickstarter project since she doesn't own the rights to Sonic and would definitely get in huge trouble by making a profit off of this unless she gets permission from Sega themselves... It's one thing to make these for fun but it's another thing to start a project on something you don't technically own. :\

Edited by Ravenfreak

• 2 months later...

How about a bump for the new year?

So the comic finished up this week...what are people's thoughts on the final strip? Did they pull it off well, or could they have done better?

For me, I'm kinda disappointed. I was expecting a really spectacular finale with Super Sonic, but all they did was poke fun at Doomsday's level design. The Knuckles part was kinda lame as well.

I really hope those exclusive strips are released online in some way. Would really want to see what they're about. I'm also hoping the creators miss working on Sonic one day, and decide to make a new series.

I've been following that comic for awhile now, I was wondering if I'd ever see discussion about it. I have to agree that the end was kinda disappointing, but it certainly wasn't bad by any means. But with this and Sonic for Hire gone, what will there be to look forward to on the weekends?!?