A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Still playing Blue Burst? Anyone?

MaxSonic

Since the other topic is gone now, thought I'd make another one. I'm up to level 22 in Phantasy Star Online. I've changed my character's costume and hair to black in honor of SpiderMan 3. I'm having absolutely no luck finding any Sword type weapons. I guess it's because of my color ID. I guess it's not so bad, I keep finding Grinders and Mags. Anyways, I'm just wondering if you guys were still playing. We should get online together soon.

You ever go on the SFGHQ chat room? It'd be easier to reach you there (I don't use IM programs. Never liked em). I can understand how people can see PSO:BB getting boring after a while. However, considering I'm used to playing the DC version offline, it entertains me quite a bit. I got all the way to level 123 before I accidently reformatted my memory card.

It probably wouldn't be boring if we could get like, a big group of people to play, but I don't think that will happen any time soon.

Anyways, I still play, but I'm EXTREMELY busy with this maintainer job right now. So I haven't be online since then.

I can't really say when I'll be done, but it won't be anytime soon though.

Lvl. 23 I think, yeah the low level games are boring after awhile, but me and midi couldn't even get past the first room in the mountain stage of episode 2. This game is hardcore.

Anyways, if you get enough people MaxSonic (at least 3-4 people) to play, plz hit me up on the AIM/IRC and I'll play also, more people is way better and alot more fun.

Is anyone here ever going to subscribe to PSU?

I MIGHT hold off until the Expansion is released (Sonic Team is actully taking suggestions from the japanese players, and they have already confirmed to be working on a few imbalances/ repetitive workings in the game), but it would be awesome to play SFGHQ PSU.

I'm never going to pay extra to play a game online. I can understand X-Box live and Sega Net, but paying however much a month to play ONE game is ridiculous. I wouldn't play Blue Burst if it cost money.

How good are episodes 2 and 4. So far I've almost entirely been playing on episode 1. I played some of the jungle and beach areas in Episode 2, they were really different. What about the rest of it?

Guest Shadix

Episode 4 has some really awesome, albiet difficult areas. There are only technically 3 different zones, one being the crater routes, which has a very open design in that there aren't really "rooms", they use those security laser things and bridges to act as passages, so you can see where you are going before you enter the next room.

Crater Interior is probably the most bizarre PSO zone ever, because you are basically traveling around a giant circle in a crazy tons of enemy zone.

Then there is Subterranean Desert, which has both extremely awesome music and an incredibly awesome design. There are 3 parts to it, and they do some pretty unique things. Part 3 is the strangest, and has rooms that have quicksand whirl holes slowly draining the room, has some gorgeous rooms, and even a narrow flaming hot lava path where you have to dodge fire balls that fly across. Part 2 (I believe it's part 2 anyways) is composed of a crazy labyrinth that you have to find the switches to progress, opening up new rooms until you eventually reach the end.

Then there is the boss, St. Million, who is probably the biggest bitch ever. I don't think Dark Falz's 3rd form has anything on this guy. It's a gigantic sandworm that reaks of rape. I got pwned by him with a group of 4 with me being lvl 50.

--

As for Episode 2. The first 2 areas suck, and I don't know if I hate them merely because they are based on the battle maps or because their layouts suck, but they are incredibly annoying. The first boss is a De Rol Le ripoff with a few different moves and a slightly altered strategy. The second boss, the nano dragon, is the dragon put into rape mode, as it has a bunch of powerful new abilities as well as the ability to clone itself as the battle gets further in. The whole central control area is nice, if a bit short IMO. I would've liked a big long 2-3 part level than what we end up with, 5 short zones, 2 Jungles, Seaside, Mountain, and Central Control. The music isn't the best either, as it strays from the good values of PSO music. The boss, Gal Gryphon, is really cool. I actually only fought this boss for the first time the other day. The camera is a bit odd, but the environment is just gorgeous despite it's gloomy mood. The boss is awesome.

As for seabed, it's definitely pretty. I haven't personally played through it all the way due to the fact that I would slowdown like crazy in the zone. This also means I haven't fought Olga Flow yet either.

I took episode 4 for a spin, and I must admit it was incredible. Sure, most of the monsters are based on the ones from forest 1 (I've got a suspicion that there's some story as to why), but then a big freaking bird appears and attacks from the sky, and then this godlike rock monster appears near the end of ever level. I've seen that sucker take 3 photon blasts and keep on kicking ass. Plus, the stages are designed almost like a maze. You can easily get lost in the game. Overall, episode 4 kicks ass.

I'm going to do some playing on hard for a bit so I can find some rare items, but I'll need to go back and beat ruins in single player. You all need to get online soon. I usually play in arcadia 2 in a team called MaxSonic or Rawr. Oh, and I hate being ORAN, I can't find any good weapons. I need Ila to be my bodyguard so I can play in VHard to get some rare items.

Then there is the boss, St. Million, who is probably the biggest bitch ever. I don't think Dark Falz's 3rd form has anything on this guy. It's a gigantic sandworm that reaks of rape. I got pwned by him with a group of 4 with me being lvl 50.

I remember that... *shudders*

Finally, I found a Sword type weapon that I can use. It's the Gigush. Good thing I have about 10 of those weapon upgrade things to make it stronger. I had to go to Hard mode to get it. I'm at level 25 now. I'm going to make a single player run through the ruins today so I can start playing on more difficult levels. Also, for the first time ever, I'm low on money. I guess it's because my Mag decides it want just Moon and Soul Atomizers.