A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Missile Trails

This isn't really restricted to only missiles, but I'm trying to get a good trail system working. *points to aerosol* I'll start off by saying that the following engine is a mod of kain's missile movement engine, so BIG THANKS TO KAIN. Anyhow, I changed the missile movement with a fastloop and precalculated several formulas to prevent the missile from slowing the game down by much. The trail object then creates itself every step off the loop for smooth, gapless creation. First problem I got was that the trail was zig-zaggy, which I countered with interpolation to smooth it out. Second problem is multiple missiles no longer work. I actually haven't figured this one out yet. =/ I'm going to submit it now however for learning purposes and if someone can get multiple missiles to work, PLEASE POST IT HERE OR PM/AIM ME. I'd love to see the solution at this point since it may be helpful for me in future projects. ( and it's grabbing my interest. => )

Download

Edit: Almost forgot to credit Damizean for helping me fix an interpolation bug. =3

Every value is contained within alterable values. Even the conditions are derived straight from the object rather than checking two general values. I believe it's the fault of the fastloops, but I don't know how to go about fixing that without destroying the trail creation.

Blue Frenzy said something about a drawline object in MMF:

if you use mmf you can use the drawline extension to draw a complete line from the bullet to a hidden object at the end of the tail

Can that be used as in alternative, instead of fastloops?