A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Writer's Journal - A Failure!

SonicProject

Since the spriting competition went so well, I want to try something different that I've yet to see anywhere else... that I go to. So let's pretend, for the purpose of this contest, you were assigned to come up with a premise for a storyline in SEGA's next big game for the blue mascot. To do so, you would be asked to divert, although not entirely, from the basic Sonic versus Dr. Robotnik routine and essentially show SEGA what good writing for a Sonic game really would be. The submitted story would need to be short and sweet but not lacking in detail and character. As a basic guideline, let's pick Sonic and Tails' earliest adventures together as the subject.

I am not going to limit you by the number of keyboard strokes used in your story. I am going to depend on your good judgement both before you submit and when you vote for your favorite stories. Provided there is enough interest in this competition, I'll set the deadline for April 6th. If not, March 30th. It's up to you guys, let me know. Once again, prize will be praise and rep points. That's all I can really offer you at this point.

Upon end of the contest either a top 3 or 5 will be picked depending on the number of entries. In the event that there are only three entries, voting will immediately begin instead of picking a top 3 or 5. Within 24 hours of the top 3 or 5, voting for the winner of the competition will begin. The winner is chosen the next day.

I wish you luck and hope you're interested.