A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Matrixx's SA Knuckles

Nebula

I really like Mattrixx's SA Knuckles and I would like to expand his sprites by editting Sonic 3 Knuckles sprites to make more in his SA Knuckles style. I checked in his details that he doesnt have any way to contact him.

I know its important to receive permission from the original spriter as of course once, if allowed of course, to make more SA Knuckles sprites, that I would put them on a sheet and again, of course, state in the credits that he is the original spriter.

Im wondering if there is any way to contact him? Or can anyone give me any advice as to if Im allowed to do this by just putting him in the credits of the sheet?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

SA Knuckles...

GIVE UP THE EMERALD OR DIE! I DON'T LOVE YOU!

Oh, sorry, I seem to have been overcome with a blinding flash of Knuckles Rap. Anyway, all resources posted on SFGHQ once submitted to the site are a sign of unlimited usage permission to include the ability to edit and use so long as credit to the content creator is given.

The only thing that doesn't include is posting it on another site... so don't worry about any of that. And edits probably don't fall under that ruling anyway.

But really, no one ever cared about these silly little author wishes about posting stuff on other sites anyway. Its kind of a dated precept of analness left in some artists from the infancy of the internet community concept.

Dimension Warped,

Thanks for that clear explanation, its nice to get one for a change.

I would actually like to post the sheet on The Mystical Forest Zone Website.

www.themysticalforestzone.com

So I hope thats ok, from what you said, it sounds like it is ok to do so.

I would like to expand the sheet, but from what you said, everything is fine and I will make sure that I write that Matrixx is the original spriter. Thanks.

Actually if you check out the website and the sprites section, you will find there are heaps of ripped backgrounds, special effects, robots, eggmans machines plus loads of other characters.

At the moment, Im trying to make quite a few sprite sheets myself, such as Modern Sonic, Tails, Vector, Charmy, plus expanding other sprites people have made such as Matrixx's Knuckles.

Its really easy to become a member there and get some connections with other spriters on the forums, so if youre interested then definately check it out! There are lots of great sprites available!