A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Castlevania PSP Coming Soon

Steven M

Rondo Remake + Original Rondo + Symphony of the Night = heaven. ____, the remake alone makes the game a must have. 2D purists can't complain either having the original PC Engine in there :P

Furthermore, IGA mentioned he's going to add not only extras to Rondo, but that SotN will get all the stuff he couldn't add in the original, effectively turning the game into a Director's Cut of sorts.

And finally: should this sell decently enough, we'll get 2.5D nextgen Castlevanias. If you've played any of the 3D PS2 Metroidvanias, you'll have realized the level design and gameplay didn't really translate as well as it should have, whereas if you were to turn said games into sidescrollers they'd feel perfect. I'll do my part and buy this gem :D

Direct links to videos for good measure:

Official Trailer

Gameplay 1 / 2

:3

Also Kojima's designs > *. Maria looks beautiful.

Furthermore, IGA mentioned he's going to add not only extras to Rondo, but that SotN will get all the stuff he couldn't add in the original, effectively turning the game into a Director's Cut of sorts.

I don't know why, but that makes me feel apprehensive. Or maybe I should stop being cynical and thinking everyone thinks like George Lucas.

RICHTER SHOT FIR-*bricked*

I don't know why, but that makes me feel apprehensive. Or maybe I should stop being cynical and thinking everyone thinks like George Lucas.

RICHTER SHOT FIR-*bricked*

Haha, if they're just adding it should be fine. Plus, look at UGnG or the Megaman Remakes, AFAIK they turned out well (note to self: buy those too if PSP get). Probably we'll get extra stages/enemies/items for both games, which are always welcome to expand the game's lifespan. Alucard could use some more magic commands, too. If we're lucky perhaps another secret character (IGA loves doing this), and as far as Symphony goes, the Saturn additional content is a must. Some more story events to pimp character development wouldn't be bad either.

Regarding SotN, I remember Alucard having a pretty damn awesome "demon form" sprite which appeared at random petrifications. Wish we could use that shape too during gameplay.

alucardgargolaop0.jpg

I hope they leave the classic voice acting in Symphony. "What is a man?"