A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

DizzyDoo's Sketches and Art

DizzyDoo

Hi, welcome to my art topic. I've been getting into sketching lately, it's been really enjoyable. I do it 100% digitally, with my graphics tablet and photoshop. I've left the construction lines on so you can see my line of thought. With the sketches I spend about 10 to 15 minutes on each one, and usually I don't come back and edit it. So bear with some of the obvious mistakes. :D

Anyway, to start off with a sketch of a guy with a laptop:

guywithlaptop.png

I messed up the legs. :P I, however, like the glasses. And what the hell happened with one of the wheels on the chair?? We'll never know.

girl.png

A girl. I cannot draw females. What do you think looks wrong with this picture?

Finally, here's a little comic I did. May, or may not make it into a webcomic.

Comic-1.png

I'm really proud of it, especially the electric effect. :P I don't, however, like the expression in the last panel. I'm gonna redo that.

Heh, I spent about a minute on each. I swirl my pen round and round to get the basic shape of the limbs and then choose the line that I like most and then when I actually change my brush to black, I use that line. It is by far the quickest part of my process.

Sorry you don't like the final product though.

I'm....amazed that you consider two days a bump...

Anyways, I kinda like your sketching style. It's interesting that you drew a comic as that's what the style seems to fit perfectly. The comic was rather interesting, though it took me awhile to figure out since I thought the first slide was the guy in the green shirt talking until I relized it was the instructor from afar. It might help to put an arrow coming from the word balloon pointing to the left. Besides that, good job.