A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Favorite Game of '06

ila

IMO this year has been pretty dry in good releases.

ROFL....k

Lemme break these down by system:

PS2: My overall favorite was Kingdom hearts 2, though some things about the game irked me...overall it was a blast to play. Final Fantasy XII is great, but I haven't had time to play it very much. Okami is right next to FF XII, Okami is such a great game, but didn't get too much publicity.

Xbox 360: Gears of war was amazing, simply put a wild ride! Next on my list is tied with Saints Row and Dead Rising. Marvel Ultimate Alliance was actually a pretty fun co-op game.

Wii: Zelda Zelda Zelda!! Twilight Princess was amazing all around, gave me a solid 30 hours of play time and had some really crazy plot twists. Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 is a solid fighter and I enjoy playing it on the Wii. Raving Rabids is a hillarious display of the wii's potential in the control department.

PSP: Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops is a solid metal gear solid game and definately pushes the system to its limits. I haven't tried GTA: Vice City Stories yet, but I'm sure it would be pretty high on the list.

DS: DS had an awesome year, tons of good games came out. The shocker for my list of DS games is Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime. Rocket Slime was such an easy game to pick up and play and was addictive! Contact really surprised me as an excellent RPG. Then we have Kirby, which is always fun. Final Fantasy 3 was pretty fun as well.

What I want more of this year? MORE CO-OP!! Many games are starting to take advantage of Co-op modes, which is awesome, I want even more of that.

I agree. I should mention I played GoW on co-op as well, so it was a bit easier than it could've been. Really, they've embraced offline co-op, now online co-op is next. Only the newer online renditions of classic Doom come to me as far as online co-op goes.

I agree. I should mention I played GoW on co-op as well, so it was a bit easier than it could've been. Really, they've embraced offline co-op, now online co-op is next. Only the newer online renditions of classic Doom come to me as far as online co-op goes.

Gears of War, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Rainbow Six: Vegas all have online co-op :D

I have no favorites. I just got Mario Kart DS so I can't say anything about that. Most of the other games we have, they're for my brother not me. .hack//G.U series looks promising, though.

I would be saying "Disgaea 2" right now, if I had it...

Oh, Phantom Brave! You will keep me company, right? ;_;