A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Blitz 3D Engine

c24rw@

slingerland, that doesn't prove much really. He could've just plugged something into one of the tutorials.

As far as a blitz engine goes, someone here was working on a fantastic one (anyone remember Sonic Unlimited?) but it got digitally nuked because of hardware failure. Sorry, seems like you're on your own.

about the model having no lighting added, i used gadient filled textures and i sphere maped them. that way it looks closer to next-gen sonic.

the only thing i am having a problem with in blitz is sonicd aceleration and jumping. if anyone could help me with that then that will be realy apreciated and the game i am making will inclube the person's name in the credits

about the model having no lighting added, i used gadient filled textures and i sphere maped them.

So you're saying if Sonic rotates, the lighting will stay on the front of him? Cause that's no good. It should be based on the central lighting source, not a textured glow.