A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Unfinished Nack's Head model

Pseudo Da Hedgehog

Ok while looking on google for decent pictures of Nack i find this thread http://www.senntient.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/000051.html

And it got me thinking how much it would be cool to model nack myself, ive been looking at other nack models as well, This one for example... http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/23618034/ was made by an Aol buddy of mine, a good effort but i think it looks more like a fan character than nack.

Both these guys made the models using heroes body parts, and thats were they mess up. Rather than looking at the heroes models and make their own from scratch they stiched parts together...oh dear.

Albeit this is one of the hardest models i've made as there really isnt that much official media of nack and no referance really, Oh and i shall admit i stole the eyes from one of the models as i intended to use the Eye texture anyway.

Now i need some serious constructive crits for my version especially if your a nack/fang fan. And yes it is bodyless at the moment, its taken 2 days to get this far.:omg:

Fixed-Head-rotation.jpg

Laugh.jpg

Edit: forgot the wireframe, for those interested.

wireframe.jpg

UPDATE Fang riders style, i heavily edited the model to make him more wolf-like, im still rather confused about the whole wolf-weasel thing.

Riders-style.jpg

And in heroes style too, which is a mixture of both models,

Heroes-style.jpg

I need to know which one people prefer, First, second or third.

fangnackfang.jpg

He looks awesome thus far, although are you trying to go for your own take on Nack or the classical look?

Now only if your going for the classical look, make his eyeball thingys (not the pupil, the actually eye balls) slightly larger, and raise both far back sides of his mouth area to give it that classical look. Although if your going for your own style forget this paragraph entirely!

EDIT: Scratch that, the eyeballs are probably going to end up looking ridiclously silly if you enlarge them...

Although as it is, its a pretty awesome Nack, and I'm looking forward towards seeing the final product!

Its more my take on nack, i've never had the privalage of playing sonic the fighters so im going by a lot of screen shots and one piece of lineart i found years ago.

I might actually make two at the same time one as a normal nack and one in sonic riders style,who knows, i've still got plenty of tweaking to do especially with the ears, im not 100% happy with them.

Absolutely love how the low-polyness combined with a brighter setting in the first picture adds to the figure instead of detracting, great use of angular shapes. Sadly the lighting/shadowing on the two last shots makes it look dirty, I hate when that happens :/

Nonetheless, it's an amazing model, one that I'm eager to see completed. Only thing I'd change would be the ears - I'd position them more to the back.

I had a lame Nack model around, someday I'll get my lazy arse to fix it >_>