A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So im getting charged for "exceeding a data cap" with comcast

Serephim

The problem is most certainly comcast, but the greater problem is the fact that...well, its comcast

my only other option is shitty ATT DSL that caps at like, 5MB/s and less than a MB of upload.

Google needs to speed up its rate of world domination. 

Edited by Serephim

We've got FiOS here, so our service is great.  However, they could pull it out from under us at any moment since it doesn't function as a public utility like it's supposed to.  This crap Comcast is pulling is a sign for everyone.

I get sick of internet providers screwing people over, and I've heard of it plenty from Comcast customers. But if you want to know the master of evil ISP's, look no further than Hughes Net. If you've never used it, be glad, and if you have, the mere mention of it has probably sent you into PTSD flashbacks. I could ramble for hours about all of the problems with Hughes Net, but if you really want to know the problems, browsing the HN community forums for more than 2 minutes would probably make things evident.

• Like 1

The problem is most certainly comcast, but the greater problem is the fact that...well, its comcast

my only other option is shitty ATT DSL that caps at like, 5MB/s and less than a MB of upload.

Google needs to speed up its rate of world domination. 

This was my cable speed. Then they give me a free upgrade to 10MB/s!!! (Because they phased out the 5M speed). Oh, but my upload speed is still less than 1MB/s. 

Thinking about upgrading the plan. I wish I could just pick, say, 6 down, 4 up, and have that be the end of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Call them, drink a bit first if you're old enough for the courageous anger it can instill, then RAGE at them. Be fucking PISSED. DEMAND to speak to a super visor. Tell them it's ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE that you be charged extra for using services like netflix. Threaten to go satellite internet or another competitor solely over this. They'll cave, drop the additional charge. You just have to act like a total fucking asshole about it.

This was my cable speed. Then they give me a free upgrade to 10MB/s!!! (Because they phased out the 5M speed). Oh, but my upload speed is still less than 1MB/s. 

Thinking about upgrading the plan. I wish I could just pick, say, 6 down, 4 up, and have that be the end of it.

Well, in England it's even worse...

The best speed you get from where I live is 300 kb/s

Upload is 21 kb/s...

I'M NOT KIDDING, IT SUCKS BAD..  :#$%!: