A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SpriteCut - Sprite sheet editor every fangamer wants!

dem0

LOGO.png

Version 2.0 by dem0  :scool:

UPDATED 15.10.2014

This isn't exactly a fangame, but an application that's very useful in fan game development.  :(<

Everyone who has worked with Mario, Sonic or other fangames and used sprite sheets by 3rd party probably has grown grey hairs while carefully cutting and pasting and aligning sprites because they weren't aligned at all or in some form that you didn't want to. I definitely have, and so I made this.

SpriteCut is an application which makes creating organized sprite sheets from big messy collections easy!

Features:

• - Give your settings and create sprite sheets by just clicking at the wished sprites and they will be automatically parsed and organized into the sheet being created for you to edit according to your wishes! It's that easy! And they will be automatically aligned pixel by pixel so no more twitching in Paint because they weren't aligned and animation was messy.
  • - Process the whole image or parts of it with just a press of a button! All sprites inside will be automatically processed.
  • - Test animations
  • - Edit sprites by mirroring, rotating, resizing or duplicating
  • - Render final image as .bmp

This is a great tool for those who make sprite sheets for others to use, too!  :iamafuckingtool: 

Screenshots and download can be found in Mario Fan Game Galaxy's forums! I also post updates and answer questions there so I have it concentrated in one place!

Examples:

For example, with just a few clicks and keypresses, you can turn

Edited by dem0
  • Like 4

I don't care about my post count.

16-bit sprites are made by pixel art, that was on-topic.

So all my replies must be detailed everytime i post

Your posts don't have to be super detailed but at the same time don't just post a sentence that's so vague. And please don't double post either, that's what the edit button is for.

I don't care about my post count.

16-bit sprites are made by pixel art, that was on-topic.

So all my replies must be detailed everytime i post

He's basically saying put more detail in your posts. 

Anyway, this seems like a very useful program, although, it seem more gear to GM. Although, the applications for other programs is there too.

• 2 months later...
A pretty big update finished today!  :(< 

Adds a proper graphical interface and fixes a gazillion bugs and also adds other new stuff!

CHECK MFGG THREAD FOR NEW SCREENS AND ALL THE INFO

Changelog

2.0 - 15.10.2014

- Added: A proper GUI! And a lot of visual stuff making the interface clearer

- Added: Logo :P

- Added: You can now move the source image and the output image

- Added: You can use as big image as you wish, the window won't strech ridiculously big

- Added: You can add empty spots to output and thus move whole sets of sprites

- Added: You can automatically reorganize whole output (remove all empty spots)

- Fixed: Moving selection in the output window, now it's not so buggy

- Fixed: Selection is shown even if there's no sprite at it

- Fixed: A ton of other bugs I can't recall atm

- Changed: Sprite will be added at the selection, not after it

- Changed: Edited the readme/help

- Changed: Grid does not appear while editing, but only in the rendered image

- Changed: First when selecting the source image the thumb is shown at the selection