A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Is MMF2 worth it?

wesker

I personally like the way they've redone the layout. The most improved feature has to be the properties box. Instead of right-clicking and navigating the properties through a series of menus, it's listed in a box to the left with tabs for quick use. I love it. Feels more like Visual Basic, which I'm somewhat used to.

Aside from that, extensions are being ported over ever so slowly but surely, that's always a good sign. If you're in doubt, download the demo and try it for yourself before putting the money down.

By the way Wesker, since you have 1.5, you can get an upgrader discount, just contact Clickteam for a discount code. =P

wesker, you might find this page useful: http://sfghqmb.com/showthread.php?t=228&page=23 . I expressed my personal impression from MMF2.

Apart from that, I think you might be willing to wait a little more. I mean, the first builds of MMF 1.5 were also buggy, but the last one (Build 119) is a lot more stable. I think it's a good idea to wait for Build R242 of MMF2. I started my project again on MMF2 b. 241 and due to a bug almost lost my files (it was the famous "bad object bug", but figured out how to solve this problem. So I think you might want to wait until MMF2 becomes more stable.

As for the interface, I suppose you'll like it more if you didn't like the interface of MMF 1.5.

P.S. They said the bad object bug has been finally fixed in b.242. Looking forward to the update :)