A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SEGA Games on Emulators?

MTwinny

I did when I was in college, due to strict parenting...and for the lovely romhacks, but now I have a Capture Card and several systems there's no need. I highly discourage it and its questionable legality....they don't work as well as the real deal anyway.

To answer the question - only for ROMhacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of emulators. I'm wondering if it would be at all possible to convert Sonic Before the Sequel into a MegaDrive ROM? I'd imagine the music would need to be compressed in order to make it fit, but I've been toying with the idea lately. I'd love for some way to play these games on an actual MegaDrive/Genesis.

If you buy one of those cheap knock offs you see occasionally like the handheld version, they actually include an SD card slot for you to load ROM's onto and play it that way. Could be worth a shot. :3

Edited by Lhancat
  • Like 2

Unfortunately LakeFepard's games are built with Multimedia Fusion 2. The program limits you on what you can release your games on compared to the bigger development programs.

You can produce your games as regular windows .exe's, iOS app's, or flash file's to play on the web. If there's a way for the MegaDrive/Genesis to run flash files, then it may be possible.

This is definitely something worth looking into. Great idea Lhancat. It could push the fan-gaming scene forward.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...