A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I Want To Be Human

Amesuki

tiggywiggy_by_sinclairstrange-d86c04o.pn
GAME DEVLOG

about_by_sinclairstrange-d7218bt.png
So I thought I'd just start a project page in here instead of posting in the "screenshots topic." It's not exactly a Sonic fan game as such, nor does it have much to do with Sonic. However saying that, it does share nods to the game, such as the "2 act structure", end signposts/capsules and dem title cards. 

Basically the game is about a robot trying to become human so he can date the love of his life, as you see, robot 'n' human relationships in this world is strictly no-no. After being captured for breaking the rules, you're sent to "Robot Prison" and left to rot.

That is until you manage to escape thanks to some dimwit spilling coffee on the control panel.

From here, you'll adventure through (most likely 8 Zones) to complete your quest of becoming human and being with your love.

features_by_sinclairstrange-d7218bk.png
  • 8 Zones, which with 2 different styled acts/music.
  • Multitude of power-ups, such as the "block", "giant buzzsaw" and the forever loved jetpack.
  • Chock full of guns and guts. I mean, lots of guts. Loads of 'em.
  • Hand-drawn cutscenes, comic style. 
  • Action-pumped soundtrack, which hopefully a megadrive/genesis remixes too.
  • Extra modes like, time attack, endless arena and special stages.
  • Pure Carnage.

Picutres:

iwnna_by_sinclairstrange-d83yqoy.png
poster2_by_sinclairstrange-d85rpla.jpg

bossboss_zps978e925c.jpg

Video:
youtubd_by_sinclairstrange-d86c1g8.jpg

crap_by_sinclairstrange-d7218b7.png
I'm hoping for it to be released on Steam next year (it's been Greenlit, so that's awesome :D) I'm looking into maybe getting a publisher for the game as I need some funding to prolly finish this game. Worst comes to the worst I'll just make it an early release...

Hope ye like, I'll prolly update 'ere often so keep a look out.
Edited by Amesuki
  • Like 10

Thanks peeps for the comments! :D

Hel~lo, what have we here? Sonic meets Invader Zim Alien Hominid The Binding of Isaac Super Meat Boy except even more cartoonishly dark? Sign me right up, this looks really awesome.

Hehe yeah I get that a lot with my art work, I guess it's the style. I do often lurk around Newgrounds and make flash games so it's all kewwwlll. Prolly gunna ask Mr.Fulp if I could use one of his characters as a cameo/boss.

Haha, this looks amazing, dude. Loving what I'm seeing!

Thankies! Hopefully I'll be able to carry on pumping out the amazing :P

Shit dude, this looks pretty damn fantastic. Love the artstyle.

Cheers! I'm hoping for the art to sell the game (as well as the gameplay.) But like to draw in the crowd. *fingers crossed*.

Fuck yeah. This looks insanely rad.

Thankies! I'm glad ye like it!

this is great. You gonna release a demo?

Indeedy I am. I'm showing this off at an expo/gaming festival in England this weekend, so once I get some feedback from there I'll prolly release a re-vamped demo. It's going to be prolly around sometime in the first week in December. 

Just a little update, firstly I've just touched up some of the graphics, (mainly backgrounds). Added some more depth with it:

level01revamp_by_sinclairstrange-d86vzpg

Plus also, I've managed to get some prints of my poster art. People love free-bes at expos :3

14307_739345872824910_330612198093658983

I'll still keep peeps updating on progress but I might be silent for a week or two as I'm going to be extremely busy >.<!

Glad peeps like,

-Joel

• Like 1

This is looking fantastic, are you still targeting a Valentine release date?

Damn that the expo is this weekend though, I've got a wedding to attend to in Manchester or else I'd love to have tried it!

It all depends with if I can find a publisher for the game. If I can, then I'll prolly be releasing a bit later, all finished as I'll have the funds to continue on. If not, then it's early release and the funds from that to help me finish it off.

No worries sir! I'll be posting a demo in the next week or two, (the same one I demoed at i53) so all is good! Enjoy your wedding this weekend! :D

... Where is this expo may I ask?? I would love to go to the expo :)

It's at Coventry, it's called the Insomnia Expo. They have indie booths there so it's basically a free ticket to go and show off your games. It's pretty cool to be honest!