A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Adventure: Velocity (Fangame) (PREQUEL TO SA3)

BlueParadox

This time it's not just adventure, it's velocity.*

- Vacancies~ <available>

* Vacancy information* : SFM Animators needed for cutscenes. Those interested can get in touch and APPLY by leaving a comment below or simply by messaging the page for more info!

( Please note that at present these positions are unpaid and it should also be noted that - Sonic Adventure Velocity - is a NOT-for-profit game).

Best Wishes TO All ~ The RAA Studios Team

So there is a game  development studio called "RAA Studios" that's developing this game (I think it's a fangame i don't know but once i get more info of the game i'll post/edit here) called "Sonic Adventure: Velocity". It's a 3D Game and it's a prequel to SA3.

Some months ago the game was in development, but due to legal reasons (this includes SEGA) the game had to be cancelled and so on. Yesterday (5th November 2014, Wednesday) RAA Studios had announced that they were back in development!

They also need someone who's skilled/professional using SFM (Source Film Maker) to make cutscenes for the game as mentioned in their facebook Page: 
"* Vacancy information* : SFM Animators needed for cutscenes. Those interested can get in touch and APPLY by leaving a comment below or simply by messaging the page for more info!"

Info:

If you are interested then apply via their email: [email protected]

or simply go to their facebook page for more info:

Hubworlds are currently planned for SA:V, but they need more people to know about their game, so share the news! I think they still need UDK Level Designers!
Attached Thumbnails

As far as I know, I think it was because SEGA Didn't want anyone working in any sequel for SA2.

Still I don't remember though, it was a long time ago.

It's strange they target a fangame, they rarely do that if at all. What's even more strange is that I'm sure the project didn't have much done to get their attention. Another thing is that 3D Sonic fangames tend to be pretty mediocre to decent at best, don't see how that would be an issue with them.

Edited by Jassbec

Another thing is that 3D Sonic fangames tend to be pretty mediocre to decent at best, don't see how that would be an issue with them.

If that is really true (which I sincerely doubt), I guess the release of Sonic Boom lowered the bar... a lot.

Legal reasons?

The hell were these guys doing?

I'll bet all the money in my bank account it's a lie. It's a great scapegoat for not finishing a fan-game. They NEVER go after fan-games unless you try to sell them. They never have, and they never will.

All legality aside.

1. How is this a prequel to a game that doesn't exist. and don;t gimme that Sonic 2006 bull - if it was adventure 3 it would have been labeled that.
  2. Why are you re-posting a dead topic? Coming from the dust and then saying its back like people were waiting for it like it had as much hype as Sonic 2 HD. Then even worst. with no backing to your project, just unpolished looking screens with yet another set of empty generic environments. Despite the things I take issue with Sonic Lost Adventure it has more personality than this whole thing so far. I'm not trying to bash or put down or start something but its not a good look. Not even the HUD is Changed.

My advice

• If its "back" as you say show us more than empty environments and Generic Hill 2000  - even just a hud change. At least have a hud change.
  • Show a sense of progression, why is this time going outlast last time.
  • Don't post whats not yours in here as a topic If you want to inform people find a do it in a discussion or something. unless your gonna keep us updated on the progression of this game don't say "if your interested" and redirect us to another site.

• Don't post whats not yours in here as a topic If you want to inform people find a do it in a discussion or something. unless your gonna keep us updated on the progression of this game don't say "if your interested" and redirect us to another site.

Actually, one of the developers of the game said that I could create a thread about their game...

Also what do you mean redirect to another site? if you mean facebook, that was just for people who have never seen the project and for those who want to join in the project. 

Also: what's*, you're* 

Edited by BlueParadox

Also: what's*, you're*

oops :icon_redface:

-------------------

Permission or no its not about an injustice to them its about the integrity of here.

Like i said unless your going to update every progression here like a dev would do on their own site then the topic shouldn't be up - cause if we give feed back to you, would it be translated to them? not likely imo 

Edited by Pulse0

I hate to sound negative towards anyone that works with SGDK (there seem to be so few) but it doesn't seem like much progress has been made. Everybody has made a woodland type area with the UDK assets at some time, but it is certainly not enough to then say you are making a full game.

My advice? Wait until you have at least one level complete, show it off, then try and get assistance. It seems to be a recurring trend with SGDK teams to promise a full game, until they realise the monumental work that is required and it fades to dust. Make sure what you are proposing is actually feasible, given your resources.

I hate to sound negative towards anyone that works with SGDK (there seem to be so few) but it doesn't seem like much progress has been made. Everybody has made a woodland type area with the UDK assets at some time, but it is certainly not enough to then say you are making a full game.

My advice? Wait until you have at least one level complete, show it off, then try and get assistance. It seems to be a recurring trend with SGDK teams to promise a full game, until they realise the monumental work that is required and it fades to dust. Make sure what you are proposing is actually feasible, given your resources.

this is nearly ever fangame ever, 2D or 3D lol

• Like 2

this is nearly ever fangame ever, 2D or 3D lol

Yeah, like how many finished fangames are out there?

The Sequel games, Chrono Adventure, Classic, Axiom, SRB2, Time Attacked... I don't remember any more.

I also don't remember any 3D fangames getting finished, ever.

Edited by Jassbec