A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

ummm i need help on making a game

deetamer

Guest Mr Lange

This board is for asking help on clear, specific problems that people can reasonably provide answers for, or help you with. You can't just ask someone "how to make a game" because it's not possible to answer that. It would be like asking "how do I build a car" or "how does a computer work". Those questions are so broad and cover such massive subjects that it can't be summarized. It requires large documents spanning many things, and you have to start small and work your way up.

What you should do is start on your own and look up basic tutorials. Get as far as you can on your own ability to learn and figure things out, and when you get to a point where you're stumped, you'll have something specific to ask here.

• Like 2

Don't expect to make anything for months.  Instead, take this time to screw around with simple game engines and learn a little bit here and there.  With enough time doing this sort of thing, you'll start to see how games fit together.

I've heard good things about the Game Maker programs.  I think they're best for RPGs or something, dunno.  Might be a good place to start.

Also, Youtube.  Youtube everything.  Youtube has all answers.

• Like 1