A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Looking for help on Bingo The Multiva

Plom510

Hey all!

It may seem like that I'm doing alright with my game project, but there are some areas that I feel I'm not good enough in. I've been thinking about whether or not to open this type of thread, but I decided to do so. I'm not asking for much since I have most of my bases covered. I will be explaining why I need the assistance I'm looking for below.

=CHARACTER SPRITE ARTIST=

I think I do a decent job with tilesets, backgrounds, and enemies. What I do lack is the ability to make good character sprites without referencing poses from existing sprite sheets. I know in a sense it's not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't have the confidence to make characters.

bingo_character_sprites.png

Bingo doesn't really need any new sprites at the moment, so he's fine. What I do need help on is with the other characters. As you can see, the only characters I have idle sprites of are Voscor (which is custom made), Darth (palette swap of Bingo before his new sprites were made), and Feina (modification of Bingo's sprite). I am expecting that it'll be hard for me to explain how I want each character to be posed for sprites. What I'm thinking of doing explanations is by describing their abilities and/or how they'll fight in their respective boss fights. As for the art style, my above example sprites could be used as a style guide in a sense.

=MUSIC COMPOSER/ARRANGER= (Taken by Can of Nothing)

I do have a good amount of the soundtrack composed already, but I personally feel that some of my tracks won't hold up and the fact that some of them reference music from other games. I would like to see some originality in my game's soundtrack if it's possible. The reason why I'm looking for a MIDI composer is that I already have an audio engineer that I'm in contact with that has agreed to rearrange and mix my game's soundtrack, so I don't really need assistance in that regard. Just need another composer who can work by how I want the music to be like (whether it'd be by game screenshots, describing the tone/feeling/genre, or by listening to example songs that I'll provide).

UPDATE: Can of Nothing will be assisting me with the soundtrack and he will be handling the arrangements of the soundtrack as well as any new compositions that I'll require.

=TESTERS=

I've posted on the game's thread that I'm looking for testers. To my luck, no one has came back to me. I'm going to ask again, but this time, it'll be on this thread. I want to make sure that everything in my game works as intended as well as certain things being obvious to the player, how something reacts based on the player's actions, etc. It would be nice to get more people involved. As for reporting bugs, I have a forums set up just for that. If you want to be a tester, you can send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will reply with the link to my forums. I ask for an e-mail rather than a PM since I need to know what my potential tester's e-mail will be so I can validate those accounts by cross-referencing the e-mails used on registration.

If any of the roles are taken or if I need additional help sometime in the future, I will be updating this post. As far as testing goes, I may be a bit selective on who can test my game. I hope I'm able to receive the help I'm looking for!

Edited by Plom510

Also I can test the game (I'm god at glitching games)

You can test the game. All I need is an e-mail sent to the above address and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I've also added my skype contact info onto my profile if anyone would like to contact me directly about any questions or concerns.

Right now I got Can of Nothing to assist me in the music side of things. I don't mind waiting a little longer for a character sprite artist, but I would like to find somebody at some point cause there will be a time when I will begin the rival character boss fights.