A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Nebulous Crashes

Miru

I've noticed lately that people have been having problems with my games randomly crashing. SN was made with Windows XP and seemed to work okay a few years back. The same issues are happening with Sonic CB. My guess is that SN may not work very well with systems post XP. Is there an error code after the crash? Does the game exit on its own? The great forest act 2 does have a lot of particle effects that may be the cause. I'll play around with it.

Try changing the game's exe properties to run in compatibilty with Windows XP or try playing with the music mode set to off in options.

If those don't work, open the 'save' folder in the game's directory and then open Save_Data.txt. Erase the number and type in 3. Run the game. Instead of starting a 'new game', scroll to the right. That will skip you to the next zone.

Are you on windows 8? I think game maker games crash on windows 8 when too many sounds play at once. I can't confirm this but I have tried multiple GM games, including one where it would play a sound effect on loop and it crashed.

I can't say this is the problem, but if your on windows 8 and game maker games aren't working, its probably this.

• Like 1